Superman vs. Aliens

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by HordakFan, Jul 26, 2012.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Anyone read this outstanding crossover comic? one of my favorite crossover comics and favorite Superman stories.

I remembered when i was 14 when i read about it in Wizard magazine in May saying "Aliens vs. Superman coming this july from Dark Horse and DC" as i was like "No way! that should be awesome to see Superman pwning Xenomorph ass". I loved it and got the trade-paperback for christmas that year and it's almost as good as Batman vs. Predator.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Is this the one where Superman gets trapped on a space station close to a red sun and loses all his powers? Or was that the sequel?

Batman vs. Aliens II was great too because it tied into lovecraft.

3. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Yes it's the one where he loses his powers because of the red sun and where he gets impregnated by a facehugger.

Yes the sequel was good too.

Do you think it's as good as Batman vs. Predator?

4. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I think I preferred Batman vs. Predator, if only because the characters had more in common to use in a story. Both Superman and the xenomorphs are very boring characters to me unless placed in a really interesting setting or with certain characters that they can play off of well.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was a great comic, and I kept hoping at the time they'd bring that Kara to Earth and let her be Supergirl, since Jurgens had her survive. It was a better explanation and backstory for a Supergirl character than we've seen since, imo. And like in the Animated Series, they had her be not technically Kryptonian, so that would appease the die-hard MoS fans who were plentiful at the time and so dead set on Clark being the ONLY survivor of Krypton with NO exceptions.

Hell, I think Superman/Aliens might even be one of my favorite Jurgens Superman stories overall.

6. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

What did you think of the sequel with Darkseid?

7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I think I liked that one better, since I like Aliens stories where you have some evil genius figuring they can harness the power and brutality of the xenomorphs, only to get their comeuppance. That comeuppance never really came though, after Darkseid played that ridiculous Xanatos gambit. It was more "comic booky" in a lot of ways, and I could see why a lot of people wouldn't like it, but I did.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've got the tpb on my shelf. Its good, but not a patch on Batman vs Predator. And I think I prefered Judge Dredd vs Aliens too. Incubus I think it was called.

9. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

But wasn't it intense when the chestburster was gonna burst out of Supes's chest?