Superman Sequel Scrapped?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DevilzFan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

http://movies.ign.com/articles/773/773710p1.html

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wouldnt be surprised tho. they were hoping so much more from supes return.

3. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Makes sense, while it was a decent movie I don't think superman returns was welcomed well when it was released.

Plus having superman in the justice league would make sense, and as long as I get to see him do something besides move pieces of the planet around I'll be happy

4. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Yep and the movie wasn't that good, which is strange since Singer did a good job with X men 1 and 2.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The DOWNSIDE of having a fan do a movie.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    He also had more free range with those movies, the studio wanted him to make this basically Superman 6 and keep it in line with the previous movies.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Best news I've had all day. The boy scout bores me to tears without an anti-hero foil. If not Bats, who will it be? Green Arrow?

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'm not quite sure how it fit in with any of the previous movies, it tried to and didn't succeed, good actors, just bad delivery, script, story etc..

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Apache Chief.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That makes me grow.

In my pants.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Inside Move: Superman won't fly
    Internet led to Warner rumor
    By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Superman
    Not much is sacred in Hollywood, but it’s not likely a studio would ever give up a viable franchise.

So an Internet posting Monday suggesting that Warner Bros. is going to put the “Superman Returns” sequel into turnaround generated plenty of surprise around town. Assertion would be on a par with saying Sony or Paramount would put their respective “Spider-Man” and “Indiana Jones” properties into turnaround.

While the Internet is home to both news and pure rumor, the two sometimes get mixed up. The link to the Superman sequel item, which appeared on Moviehole.com, was a top headline on Hollywoodwiretap.com.

When and if Warner’s “Superman Returns” sequel gets made is a separate matter. Helmer Bryan Singer is aboard to direct, but he’s going to helm a movie for United Artists first, so the timing is still a big question, as is the storyline.

One thing is for sure, though: Superman isn’t flying off the Warners lot.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

That's what sucks about Bats not being in it, one of my favorite things about JL is/was the Batman/Superman dynamic.

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really think a Batman/Superman movie would do better than a Superman and his Amazing Friends movie ... I mean... JLA

14. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Well, the issue with Batman would be the continuity-crossing problems. Batman is supposedly the only hero in his continuity, correct? I'm sure Nolan, at least for now, wants to keep it that way.

Now, that's not to say they couldn't cast a different actor to play Batman in JLA. Give him a different character, a different costume (bring back Keaton, maybe?), and it could work.

And as for Supes...

Well, Superman Returns, in my eye, was really a tribute film to Christopher Reeves. In that sense, it was quite good; kept in the spirit of (the first two) old films, and gave Supes one last good showing. The biggest problem was that it did nothing new. It treaded in the footsteps of the Donner films so closely, it can't be judged on it's own merits. It just, well, kinda there.

If there's another Superman film, it needs to be a full reboot, same as Batman was.

15. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

No I think you can keep it in the same field as the superman movies before it

The problem with supes returns was they beat lex luthor to death, Spacey did a great job with the role but Lex has been used to death. He was in just about every superman movie if I remember correctly so it's just they need to let him rest.

Look at the old batman movies, they used the joker in the first then went to two different villains without the joker being involved. It kept it fresh after that though it kind of went downhill.

Same could be said for x-men, while magneto was a villain per se in the third film another villain could of been phenoix proper or the people who made the mutant cure, and in the second movie Stryker filled the villain role with magneto just kind of in the background like a sub plot

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    A Justice League movie without Batman is like Ultra Magnus without trailer armor.

17. TJOmega

News Credits:
    My point exactly, it tried to fit in with the last movies and suffered for it... Hopefully with the JLA movie Superman's (boring) storyline will be muddled out a little for the other characters.

18. Evan Goldsborough

Well, it's hard to involve the Joker in any further films when he's all splattered and stuff...

I feel the continuing involvment of Luthor was actually a more realistic move. Going with the Superman Returns timeline, we had 1) Luthor, 2) the Phantom Zone criminals, with Luthor involved on the side, and 3) Luthor. There's exactly one madman with ambitions to take over the world: a bit more real seeming than several, plus some mutants and cyborgs and additional aliens.

That said, if there's going to be a real reboot (with a more comic book-ish take), it'd be nice to see a different villian take on Superman.

19. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Like a little thing like undeniable death ever stopped a comic book character.

20. Evan Goldsborough

I'd point out about Burton probably not liking that notion, but I'm not going to ruin such a good line.