Superman: Secret Origin

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Switch625, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I picked up Superman: Secret Origin #1 today and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Since I'm a big fan of Byrne's Man Of Steel reboot, I thought yet another retelling of Superman's origin was unnecessary (unless it erases the unenjoyable Birthright version) and I'm not a big fan of Clark being Superboy again, but my love for the team of Johns and Frank demanded I pick this up. There's a lot of everything in this series. There's some Superman: The Movie stuff, there's some Smallville stuff and there's some silver age stuff, all wrapped up in a nice little bow. My favorite part came on the last page. I won't ruin it for anyone, but I thought it was really funny and I can't wait for the next issue.

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I was thinking about picking this up. I haven't picked up a non-Transformers comic in years, but this really interested me based on the previews. Thanks for the heads-up!

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i dug it as well...but some parts the art seemed a little off...clark's head seemed a little big a few times...but it was fun...nothing i really haven't read before, but i'm curious to see where it goes...especially with Johns helming it...he's making me like Superman after YEARS of hating him...

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I picked it up as well. I'm not really a big fan of going back and retconning back in the pre-Crisis origin, but oh well. It was the first $4 book that I thought was really worth it in a while. Plus, this one issue tells a lot more about Superman's history than the entire series of the godawful Smallville show.