superman returns sequal already?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dolza_Khyron, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Spielberg expects to make a few sequels to TF as well but who knows really

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

2008 for the sequel to Begins? Damn... I was hoping it'd be a little sooner than that.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

but I want the begins joker NOW

superman is the mehness of characters

5. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I can see planning a sequal to Batman now, but Superman? They aren't just counting their chickens before they hatch. They're killing, plucking, and roasting them.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

There is absolutely nothing that makes me think that the Superman flick will be anything but a train wreck.

Superman doesn't look super, the plot sounds atrocious, the casting is questionable, and the trailer is one that would be put together to hide how bad it is.

I'm generally not a negative person, and in fact, I usually advocate a "Wait and see" approach to even such films as Catwoman. But this looks worse than that disaster. I'm not talking organic web shooters, or the battank pre-production pics (both of which I didn't object to) questionability, but outright asking why?

If I'm wrong, then I'll be rather glad to admit that they showed me, but really, this just looks pathetic. I have no doubt they're planning sequels, and marketing the hell out of it, especially given that sordid story about the production and costs for this film.

7. Dolza_Khyron

well i for one, am excited about this superman film, though i doubt it will be anything at all as good as batman begins *ok, what dc film could be as good, other then it's sequal?* but anyways, i want this one to do good so badly, i love the old superman films, and since this is in the same timeline as the original two films, *they cut out superman 3 and 4 for this timeline, i believe is the rumor* i have a lot of hope for superman returns, i want it to be successful, i want to see more superhero movies too, i would love to see a captain america movie actually be made, i love the story. maybe the green lantern film will be good too, though i doubt it, i hope it will be, and with the recent flop of the marvel films, i hope dc can bring themselfs back to there place again, i really do hope so. plus maybe that way marvel will be forced to work harder on theres, and not kill spiderman 4 after spiderman 3's released.

all in all, i really want this to do good, so this will be one film i see in theaters, this and x-3, of course, other then that, i don't think there is any other films this year i will be seeing at all, *not even on tv years later* :lol 

8. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I've got mixed feelings about Superman Returns. To our generation Chris Reeve was and always will be Superman. It's gonna be hard to top Batman Begins, but I think Chris Nolan can do it though.

9. Dolza_Khyron

i sure hope so, i am not hoping it will be better then batman begins, i'm not stupid, but i do hope it is at least as good as the original 2. though i just wished they would just do animated batman/superman movies lol

animation still rules!

10. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

True dat. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm have created hours of animation that is better than half the live action movies ever made.

11. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

It's impossible for me to have an opinion on this second one without seeing the first. I cant wait until the next batman though.

12. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'd definitely be up for more Timmverse movies, as long as they were more in the vein of "Mask of the Phantasm" and "Return of the Joker", rather than "Mystery of the Batwoman".

The upcoming "Superman: Brainiac Attacks" DTV doesn't look particularly inspired either, but we'll see.

13. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I'm surprised, but I really shouldn't be...this might be good, though. Might be showing how confident they are in this new film.