Superman Doomsday animated movie release date and va's annoucned

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Edge, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

link: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=103696

the names taken for the va's of the movie

"Superman Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin (“Independence Day”) as Superman, Anne Heche (“Men in Trees”) as Lois Lane and James Marsters (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) as Lex Luthor"

Kind of a surprising list given the fact I thought they had a great supes in the guy from justice league, also spike is an odd choice for luthor but oh well guess its in the spirt of new beginnings or something

2. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Yikes. That's just as bad as not getting Kevin Conroy to voice Batman.

Oh well.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they have new voices because it is not in the continuity of Sperman\Batman\Batman Beyond\Justice League.

That's why Kevin Conroy didn't get to voice Batman in The Batman.
    New continuity -new VAs.

They've paid their dues, though. A lot of the original cast has shown up as other characters -including Kevin.

Personally, I think the DC Animated Universe was perfect and should have never been rebooted, but I do like the new stuff.

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Yeah, at the Wondercon panel, Bruce Timm said that they went out and found new VAs because all these DVDs would be set in their own continuities - hence also why the character designs have been updated, and why some personalities may be a bit different (such as Luthor).

From the footage shown last night, though, Superman Doomsday looks to be MUCH more violent than any other Timm work before. Superman coughing up a pool of blood? Timm proclaiming that Superman gets beaten to death? Not to mention the whole second half of the preview, which shows Superman ripping apart the army.

From what I saw, this definitely looks like a good film. Way better than anything Marvel Animated's put out thus far.

5. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I wonder how long it'll be before the masses get to see some of the animation.

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    There wasn't much completed, except for a couple minutes...I'd expect to see something by May or June, though, for sure...an official trailer as late as Comicon, maybe.

7. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Oh the wait will kill me. :( 

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here...I've been waiting for a "Death of Superman" animated movie even since the Batman and Superman cartoon series. I hope the producers don't tone down on the fight between Supes and Doomsday. Maybe the fight exciting and yet, not exceedingly brutal.

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

NOT getting Clancy Brown for Lex Luthor is a huge mistake, IMO. He is Luthor in animated form, just as Hamill is the Joker in animated form.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The thing is -if this version of Luthor doesn't act like Luthor from Superman and Justice League, then using Clancy Brown will be a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that he is the best.
    Its just that this is a different take on the mythos.

11. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Conroy very likely won't be voicing Batman in the New Frontier DTV movie either, as it also is outside of the traditional Timmverse. Though Timm recently said there is still a strong possibility that Conroy will voice Batman again on a future project.