Superman: Brainiac Attacks

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Jun 18, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else watch this on CN last night? It was not that good. Well it is being released on DVD Tuesday. Thank God i saw this on TV and won't waste my money on it.

I was going to post the entire plot but decided it wasn't worth it and didn't want to spoil things.

Anyway it has Tim Daly and Lois VAs. But no Clancey or other actors from the 90s/JL cartoon. Lex isn't a criminal smooth suave villain like he was in the toon. No he is more weasely. He is an idiot in this. Jimmy looses the mullet and his hair is less orange.

The animation at some points looks like the old Max Fleisher shorts, then goes back to 90s toon. It is really awkward and clunky.

It is just plain bad...

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning on watching this last night to find out whether all the bad word-of-mouth was true, but the hockey game took priority. Sounds like it was every bit as terrible as I'd heard and I'll definitely be saving my money. Surprised they'd release such a crappy animated movie to try and promote interest in "Superman Returns", rather than investing the time and effort to make a quality show.

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I watched some of it last night.

As that horse guy said from Ren and Stimpy once said,

"No sir, I don't like it. I don't like it at all."

Me-> :yuck  <-Brainiac Attacks

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was pretty hidious. You could tell they had entirely different writers that knew nothing about those versions of the characters.

Brainiac was done badly also. Besides having a different voice, he had emotion in his speach which made the character sound way off.

Lex was the clincher though. They totally screwed him up. His cracks were awful and horrifically out of character. I'm pretty sure they cranked this out in record time to capitalize on Superman Returns.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

So then it's not a very good representation for the DCAU? I guess I'll avoid it then; you'd think they'd have the brains to at least try to make it good. :thumbdown 

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    They threw in nearly every Superman cliche you can imagine in this thing. Let's see, it's got...

Lex Luthor teaming up with another villain to take out Superman.

Brainiac

Kryptonite

The Phantom Zone

Superman goes on a dangerous mission to save Lois.

Superman contemplates telling Lois who he is.

Pretty much all of these are important parts of the story. You got 50 things all happening at the same time. It seems more like the squished 5 or 6 episodes of superman down into a movie.

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Everyone here is right, but you know what my biggest problem with it was?

How the @#$%& did Superman get out of the Phantom Zone? Seriously, if it's that damn easy, it's the worst prison ever.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    That's what happens when someone has a meeting, and then decides to take everything that has made the DC Cartoons of the last 15+ years good and throw it out the window, and then replace it with garbage.

9. rattrap007

News Credits:
    also. Since when would Lex be having a plate of Spagetti and Meatballs for dinner. He should be having caviar and veal or some other extremely expensive food.

10. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

what? rich people don't like pasta now?

still. bloody awful movie. It actually makes the new Batman cartoon look decent.

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I saw it. I was expecting more. It wasn't that good which is kinda shame cause the story had a lot of potential.

12. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

to be frank it was crap and the animation was very poorly done. Just one question anyone else notace that the VA for Luthor was the one who did Grodd in JLU, and am I the only one who thought that it was very surreal having Grodds voice come out of Luthors mouth. At least it was not in continuity with B:tas, S:tas, and JLU. This was the first time I have seen or Heard Powers Bouthe in something I hated, he should have just stuck with JLU and Deadwood Tv wise.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the meatballs were made of veal?

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    All I'm saying is Spagetti and meatballs is a pretty pedestrian dish for some one who is that rich..

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Ever watch any cliched Mafia movie? I think that's the look they were going for.

16. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Have to say I wouldn't even consider tis worthy of a rental, and honestly, I think whoever wrote it is probably from that POS Jackie Chan Adventures in a Cape and Cowl (that's the Batman people, it's Jackie Chan Adventures 'nuff said) either one of them or a tard from 4kids. Soryr no that degrades retarded people, a complete f'n moron from 4kids. That's better.

Still me I kept seeing Ron Stoppable when I looked at Jimmy Olsen, sounded like him too.

Good movie to make kids watch as punishment though.

17. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

By the way:
    The voice over director of the movie is Susan Blu, the one that did the voice of RC and Elita 1 in G1

18. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

Powers Boothe should have easily done a good Luthor. The movie must've been seriously weak then.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw this and overall I really liked it. Yeah the voice actor for Luther wasn't as good as the original actor but I thought his remarks were good. Also I thought the computer in Kal-el's fortress of Solitude sounded more like the original Brainiac than the Brainiac VA for the movie. I thought the animation was very well done in the movie and I liked how the story moved at a fast clip. I was interested in the story the whole time. I don't see the complaints about the phantom zone being easy to get out of, I mean when kal-el thought he was out he was STILL IN IT! That was a cool twist.

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I mean come on he some how magically transfered all the special element to Lois with a kiss? Major Cop out!