Superman Beyond 3D (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ...WHAT THE FUCK...

this just hurt my head...i don't think i liked that one bit...

so, it picks up where final crisis leaves, with someone taking superman away...and he goes with some other supermen from alternate earths...and they crash their ship somehow...on a place where nothing happens...and theres a book...and something with their computer will read this book, cuz no one can...its all knowing...and then captain marvel gets turned back into a kid, so superman returns to the ship, but the monitor chic who got this crew together is looking all zombie like, and ultraman (who's also part of this crew) has the book, and declares that evil wins...

i really dont think i left anything out either...it seemed so jumpy and just awful...i think i'm taking this back to the store...

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Pretty much my reaction to it, too. This was Morrison at his most high concept and disjointed.

And using the 3D glasses made my eyes hurt.

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Yeah. It was definately Morrison at his finest. I can tell that he has the whole story laid out in him mind, and he just kinda tosses little random bits of the story onto the paper.

If Superman is in Limbo reading the infinite book, how is he in the future fighting Earth Prime Superman? Final Crisis is already contradicting itself.

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He went to the future either before or after this story. It's time travel, it can happen anytime.

I didn't pick this up because I can't see the 3-D effect, and they didn't release a normal version. From what I hear of the story, I'm not missing much and have no desire to read it.

5. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    An interesting little distraction in the FC story.

I liked the German Supes. He seemed almost childlike.

Lol, I used my SDCC Lobo glasses with this Comic.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Clearly he went into the future before Lois was injured in FC #2, otherwise he would have just ignored the Legion's call for help. Just because the books are coming out at the same time, that doesn't mean they're all happening at the same time.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    this...brainiac even said they'd take him back to the spot in which he was called away, so no one in the FC main story would even know he's gone...except batman cuz he's awesome...

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I hope they didn´t killed Overman. The character seemed to have a aura of sadness and tragedy around him, it would be great to explore that.

Also can we stop with the whole "evil wins!!!111" crapfest already? It´s getting annoying...

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    nice, i used my action comics 3d issue glasses, so i can hopefully take back my issue and get two good comics instead...

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Indeed. That is a good point. Still doesn't make the story any better though...

11. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:

This ^. I'm not liking the whole evil wins thing... because... well it's not really true. It's kind of obvious that the heroes will win in some way or another. It's just obvious.

Ultraman looks a roid rager.

12. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wow... that kind of hurt to read. I can only imagine the pain of the actually comic. Funny, I thought about picking this up over the weekend, but passed for some reason... I think it was the whole 3D thing.

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i dig the 3d thing...though not necessarily for this book...the action comics issue where they went into the phantom zone, that was awesome...and it was an extended amount of time with the glasses on, opposed to this, which had a page in 3d, then none for a few, then one or two pages again...it was very choppy...and very little 3d...