Superion's parts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    now ive heard that Superion is floppy, unstable, and is a crappy combiner. but how are his individual limbs as Transformers themselves? cause i havent seen too many pictures, yet although people say the combined mode sucks, i havent heard much of his parts-how are they? are they good as Transformers even if they didnt combine? Arms, legs, and torso

EDIT::OOPS!! i meant the Universe/Energon one-and by Floppy i mean the chest piece doesnt lock in right

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very good TF's the limbs are! the best limbs I'd say are Superion's.

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Seriously ? LOL I think that the Stunticons are the best Limbs...... we are talking about G1 right ? ........comparing the Stunticons and Aerialbots, the arms on the Aerialbots are pretty out of scale to the bodies ..unlike the Stunticons who are pretty well made ...

4. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1? oops I was thinking Energon/Universe combiners

5. DJ Soundwave

Well he wasn't specific.... the Energon one isn't floppy ..... but the G1 Superion can be at the Legs ....which is why I think he's talking about the G1 Superion ..... Huh for all we know he could be talking about the Universe Micromaster one....LOL

6. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Unfortunately,Menasor's size is too short.

Never had Superion,but his legs are skinny.They look cool individually(except for Slingshot.He looks so skinny and mal-nourished lol).

7. DJ Soundwave

True Menasor was shorter , but individually the Stunticon limbs were taller then the Aerialbot limbs ....and the Stunticons had better weapons.....

Anyway Torque, if you are talking about G1 take a look at my G1 Figures here .... you'll see that they are stable ......

[​IMG]

If you are talking about Energon ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The two streamlined, kind of triangular jets - Wind Sheer and Treadbolt (or possibly Treadshot, which one was the Armada Sideways repaint?) - are fantastic little toys. Very articulated and fun to fiddle with.

The A-10-ish guys - um... I honestly don't remember their names (Sky-something?) - are okay, but not particularly special. They're a lot less poseable than the jets and their feet have some minor balance issues. Personally, I also hate the headsculpt on this mold.

Stormjet - the center guy - is pretty nice in jet and robot modes. His "chest peg of utter fail" doesn't really mess with him in solo bot mode. A stronger figure than Steamhammer, not quite as solid as Barricade.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think the G1 Aerialbot limbs would've been better if the tail sections and the nosecone sections clipped together properly when in individual robot and limb mode.

Personally I much prefer Menasor and Defensor when combined. Technobots were pretty good too in terms of stabilty when combined. Bruticus tended to be a bit floppy for me because of how Onslaught's arms were turned for the shoulders and how the Bruticus check plate kept popping off.

10. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I personally find superions limbs really boring. I know they're a team of aircraft, but they're all so simlar, they all have exactly the same transformation and they all look so simlar in robot mode. That said, it does make for a fairly unified combiner mode at least, which you might struggle with on some of the others in quite the same way.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I had to do a triple take when i clicked on this thread-i'd forgotten i even started it lol.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I know it's October, but jeez... 4 years is one hell of a zombie thread.

13. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You made this thread on my 28th birthday. I feel old now :lol 

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    :lol 

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I just joined the board when this was made.

So... yeah.

The fan-mode combination looks nicer than the intended combination, but it's less stable. I had problems just keeping it on the shelf.

But now I'm getting a combo of Energon and the Universe Aerialbots along with the FansProject set for my Superion. The set itself helps immensely with the figure's stability, with the wide base for the feet taking the pressure away from the hip joints (you probably know all this already, but I'm saying it just to say it).

16. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    Superion is gangly but a must character for g1 collectors