Minor/Repaint: Superion

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Grimmy, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Grimmy

Grimmy i don't have any answers

Here's my Classics(ish) style Superion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I never intended to get these figures since they look so stumpy against FP Bruticus even with the Superion FP set. However it was in a collection I bought and I had the Hulk legs left over from another combiner, so I took a crack at making a Superion to stand up well against FP Bruticus. I left the upper thigh on the hulk legs and modified the mistransformations to maximize the figures height. Made a custom abdomen filler out of a KO G1 Superion shield and some putty. Added a KO G1 superion head and the arms from a KO Armada Megatron. Some other odds and ends and a quick paint job and this is what I ended up with. Thanks to everyone who has posted their hulk leg mods and superion mods in general I took great inspiration from all your works. Sorry for no direct size comparisons to FP Bruticus, but I gotta wait for the Asia exclusive set to go with my FP sets. I attached some FP Bruticus size pics.

Attached Files:

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the KO Superion head, does it fit over Silverbolts head easily or did you have to mod it

3. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

I have to agree with Slimaximus that head looks realy good, way better then the fansproject one IMO its a very nice piece all together :D 

4. Grimmy

Grimmy i don't have any answers

With the Sliverbolt head facing towards Superions back the KO head fits right on. It is a snug fit but nothing seems to get scratched and I had no white stress lines appear on the plastic. You can see in the pics that the head is not fully seated giving it a neck and some ball joint-ish poseability.

5. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

The limbs turned out nice, but I think the head is what really makes this figure. I used extra pieces from an extra RID Prime fire truck to make limbs for mine. I just haven't been able to talk myself into painting them yet...

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Have to agree with the others the head is icing on the cake. Great paint job! :thumb 

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting... the hulk feet made him the same height as FP bruticus... now if I had a spare set I'd give this a go.

Take it the arms are attaching to the ports that were used for the Energon Chips right? They look pretty good.

Gave folks yet another idea for upgrading their Superion should they lack the funds for the FP set.

Good stuff. :thumb