Superion MISB - Mint my A**

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Usmcloady, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Usmcloady

Usmcloady Well-Known Member

So two weeks ago on ebay a MISB Superion popped up on Ebay BIN $2995 or Best Offer. I was able to pick it up for $1525. Not a bad deal. I got it in the mail today. The seller of the item, "ifoundtoys", had wrapped the Superion box in bubble wrap, only the bubble wrap had tape on the inside of the buble wrap stuck to the Superion box. Alot of tape. So I try to peel the bubble wrap off very carefully but of course patches of the box came with it. Not to mention were there wasn't tape even on the box there were already two large tape tears on the box that had to be there before the item got to me. I went back to the ebay pics and the seller had purposely left that part of the box out of the pictures. They said they were selling the item 'MISB" and "As Is". No wonder. Shady!! So I file a Paypal claim to recover some of my $$ under the Paypal category "Item not as described". As soon as I submitted the dispute, Paypal closed the case stating "We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality". What kind of horse Sh*t is that?!? As you can tell I'm kind of pissed. So basically I could send someone an empty box and as long as the buyer recieved it, they couldn't file a claim against me. Wow! Not too happy here. Any one have any suggestions?

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Was the item factory sealed on both sides with single tape? If so, that can be considered MISB(Mint In Sealed Box).

Are you saying the item wasn't sealed or you didn't agree that the box was in mint condition?

*Advise*
    When the auction says "as is", ask questions or request more pictures.

What exactly did you tell paypal?

3. Usmcloady

Da Last,
    this is exactly what I sent Paypal minus the refund amounts requested. The box looked good in pics on Ebay, but when I recieved it the packing tape used to secure the bubble wrap was balled up and stuck to the backside of the box. There were already two tears on the box not from me. I almost think the seller stuck the tape on it on purpose to put the blame on me b/c they knew the packing tape would tear the box when I tried to remove it and then I may not realize that there were already two tears on the box and may think I did it myself. They did not take pics of the specific small area where the two tape tears were for the pics in the ebay auction.
    "To Whom it may concern, I recently purchased Ebay item # 250338292357 which is a G1 Transformers MISB Superion Giftset, from Ebay seller "ifoundtoys" for the total amount of $1525, which I paid for via Paypal in two seperate payments of $1100 and $425. Today I recieved the item in the mail and it was not as described in the pictures in the auction and also was packed very poorly which caused additional damage to the item while opening the shipping box. First off, on the back of the item box, there were tape tears that the seller did not show in their Ebay picture or mention in the auction. I paid a hefty sum for this item because the pictures looked mint. I believe the seller purposly did not take pictures of the area where the tape tears were. Also the seller packed the item with bubble wrap and tape. They packed it in such a way that the packing tape was stuck to the back of the box between the bubble wrap and the box. I tried to remove the tape to salvage the item, but this created another tear.I have documented with pictures (they are available upon request) the original tape tears that were on the item when I recieved it and the additional ones that were made from the careless packaging. I paid a large premium for this item because the seller advertised it as MISB (Mint in sealed box). This is definatly not a Mint box as a used set can be purchased on Ebay for $200-300. I paid 5x-7x times that amount only to recieve an item not as originally described in the auction. I am requesting a partial refund of XXX. The value of the item is now very much lower than if it were Mint. That is the only reason I paid so much for it. Because it was supposed to be mint. I respectfully request a partial refund for XXX which would still leave the seller with XXX, well above the used item price of $200-$300 they normally sell for. Thank you for your time and help in advance, (USMCLOADY)"
    I don't know really what to do. Very shady if you ask me. I would steer clear of this seller.

4. Usmcloady

The box was sealed. But the box itself was not "Mint". As I thought "Mint (the box) in Sealed Box (Box being sealed).

5. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Mint in sealed box 'MISB' means toy is mint since it is what is 'in' the box. If the box were mint, it could be described as mint in mint sealed.

Definately not a good deal with an item like this. The seller should have been more careful but not sure what else you can do. eBay/Paypal made their money so they'll just wash their hands of this situation

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    This is really weird - you don't have to go far online to find stories of buyers going through the normal Paypal dispute process regarding damaged goods and winning the dispute, followed by a return to the seller and a refund.

Have you contacted the seller yet? I didn't see that mentioned.

I suspect you chose the wrong option when filing the dispute thus closing automatically, as many of the options do. Do you know what you chose as the problem? For example, "Externally damaged", "internally damaged", "Used when described as new", etc.

Calling Paypal might yield an unlikely re-opening of the dispute or a chance to file a new one.

Did you pay with your credit card? If so, and Paypal won't help, you may want to call your CC company and get the money back that way.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yup.

last feb, i paid for an omega supreme...got a empty box with some tissue paper sent 1st class mail with delivery con...fought with paypal via claims of not as described...basically they could give 2 shits on a shingle about the buyer if the seller has delivery confirmation showing you got something....

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Here is another way you screwed your self:

this is from the policy pages of paypal: direct copy and paste:

13.3 PayPal Buyer Protection

What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal Buyer Protection?

You must meet all of these requirements:

Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.

Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.

9. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I would be calling Paypal customer service and raise hell for item not as described. I've had a few customers file these on me and have always refunded their money though if I felt the description was misleading and this obvously was.