Minor/Repaint: Superion Maximus Add-Ons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fawnheart2000, Jul 9, 2011.

1. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Superion Maximus Add-Ons (Pic Heavy)

Here is my Superion Maximus Add-On. I wasn't able to get the Fansproject Crossfire set, so after seeing someone else's Superion with Crossover Hulk parts, I decided to give it a try. I wasn't able to find any detailed instructions on how to use the Hulk parts so I tried to take alot of pics to show off how I did it for other people to try. I used Mighty Putty as a filler for the forearms, legs, and chest pieces. I also used Process's excellent Abdomin Filler found
    here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319026-e-u-rotf-superion-abdomen-filler.html

I used Version 4 with Alt. Mode and Forward Leg Movement. I really can't recommend it enough, IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE. And by happy accident it fits almost perfectly into the hole at the top of a G1 Superion Chest piece.

All of the Gestalt parts have Alt. Mode and Robot Mode usage or storage, so no parts are just hanging loose. Mostly they give 3 of the planes Afterburners for Alt. Mode or Jetpacks for Robot Mode. The gun is from Universe Silverbolt, handle is a part that came with Shadow Rollar with Mighty Putty and a peg added on. I kept all the Energon weapons and stars, so I didn't paint the hands. Only thing I wanted to do but wasn't able to get it done right was having Storm Jet use the gun in Alt. Mode instead of making it into a nosegun for Treadshot.

The elbows and hands are from the Junkion Blacksmith Infinity Warfare set, and the forearm piece is made from the back part of a MechWarrior: Dark Age M.A.S.H. Unit.

Questions and comments welcome,
    Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

More individual pics

More pics of the individual Alt. Modes, and playing around with Devastator.
    Also my cat Cuddles throughly unempressed by the assemblage of fighter jets.

Attached Files:

3. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

Kool idea

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good Idea! ...Only constructive criticism I could provide is that you should look into painting the forearms and feet. The grays on them atm detract from a figure where all bots basically have white as their base color.

Hm... I think that would work well for a Nexus Prime mod. I have two spare Aerialbots, and the two RotF Combaticons since I acquired an FP upgrade for Bruticus... now I just need a TF Hulk that I can butcher!

5. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's really awesome! I like the proportion of the add ons to Superion as well. Gives him a real ready for action look. Plus actually using them as upgrades to the members of the team individually makes the whole thing even better!

6. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice cat

7. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

i wonder if my Superhuman Samurai parts will work?

8. CodeXCDM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya know I never thought about that... but unless I found a set to cut up.. I'd NEVER do it. In retrospect, that show was... very silly... but I got Servo, Draco, and Xenon all in one birthday... aw man that was a Happy Birthday for me alright... those toys were, and still are, awesome! Laost my Neutron Servo's accessories and Draco's Chestplate, but otherwise they're mostly complete and still nice display pieces.

9. CodeXCDM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm... made me go and take these suckers apart outta curiousity.

Looking at Xenon and Draco... both Arms could work. Their legs, however, are wayyyyy too bulky to use. Xenon's drill bits, with some cutting, could serve as decent drill-bit feet. (Constructicon mod idea?)

That said, again, I won't be gutting these guys. Can't find a decent set on eBay atm either. =/

10. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Updating with new clearer pics with new camera.

Attached Files:

11. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Superion looks great, but I noticed that you seem to have hands and feet on that Devastator as well... Are those also Hulk parts??

12. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

13. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Cool, thanks!!