superion in walmart?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red Alert, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
  2. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

They have had this set and other combiner team ko sets every easter at Walmart.
    Very cool find though.
    They used to sell them by themselves at Big Lots back in the day too.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

KMart has them, or used to have them, as well. There's one with defensor I think too.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have a Defensor Easter set I raided a few years back for a fist and foot.

And the Fun Dip. :D 

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    love the fun dip:drool: 

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

So what's the quality on this set?? Is it worth getting??

7. Red04Cobra

Red04Cobra Well-Known Member

It's pretty low quality, but I picked mine up last year after easter for $5, can't beat that!

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    as a display piece it looks good but i wouldnt recommend as a everyday toy

9. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I picked one up last year and 3 of the bots broke upon taking them out of the package. The quality is the lowest I have seen as far as KO's go. They looked fine in the package, but the plastic was extremely brittle.

I would suggest not giving it as a present.....at least not to someone you wouldn't want to dissapoint.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah the quality of the easter basket KOs are pretty bad

I got a superion KO set one of the chain drug stores and it was actually pretty good quality. It's on my desk at work.

11. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I found a set at Family Dollar a few years ago. Pretty bad quality, but it was cheap, so whatever. I still need to find a KO Devastator.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd confirm the above quote on the quality of this set. I got one of these as an Easter gift from my wife. Upon opening it out of the package, it literally crumbled in my hands.

I looked up the company who made it online, e-mailed them about it, and they sent me a refund. :) 

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it was worth it alone to get the fists and feet for backup parts- had to replace my original G1 Superion's foot. after that, i was thankful. so i got easter and thanksgiving at the same time.
    and cheap.

buy the baskets for parts, then if you don't have spawn of your own, donate them to local charities or churches or something. every kid needs to find rotting eggs in spring, ya know...

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I bought this recently too and threw it away ten minutes later. It fell apart even getting it out and forget about combining it.

15. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I read about these many years but have yet to see any myself. Just... other easter basket toys. Oh well, sounds like they are pretty bad anyway :) 

16. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Evidently your set has that "lean" also? Mine absolutely refused to stand up unless I fiddled with one of the legs. Even after I did, the toy tilts a bit to the left.

Yeh, its definitely a "brick" set. Too much playing around with it would lead to A LOT of broken parts. It makes a really good cornerpiece of my Knockoff collection tho, and as cheap as it is, I'd still recommend it to KO collectors.

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i figure its decent quality for the knock off combiner parts alone

other then that the figures are actually rather good for kitbash fodder when it comes to the hinges and folding joint parts

for example
    the hinge folding joints parts from knockoff silverbolt's legs and hips can be used to give the g1 optimus prime figure a god bit of increased possibility through the upper legs and hips

while the nosecone cockpit main wings and rear wings with thrusters can be salvaged from the knock off air raid and skydive to effectively bash energon windrazor and treadshot into being a more modern day take on g1 airealbots air raid and skydive

or one could just as easily salvage the main wings and hinged back parts from the knock off air raid and skydive to give armada starscream a set of possible main wings and shoulders

or like petitvit on could just as easily salvage the head and socket hole parts from a knock off airealbot and either of the knock off silverbolts shoulders to use as a rotating mid lower body joint to give g1 devastator some increased possibility which i believe is on of the things that petitvite did with his first or second devastator kitbash over the years.

18. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    If you don't break it getting it out of the package, and it's just gonna sit on a shelf to remind you of your childhood, then money well spent. At least it comes with candy!

19. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have just about all the KO combiners , I agree with what others had said that they are good for display but not so good for playing with.. A couple of my combaticans heads snaped off while combined. Te one i am most happy with is Raiden , he is one of the best quality KOs i own.
    I have a few sets if anyone is interested . Im trying to clear out some space lol , i believe i got 2 sets of each one .. this is them here. PM me if you are interested I paid 5$ each for them so thats what ill sell them for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine was so crummy, I couldn't even use the combiner pieces. My fists had squares cut out of the tops of the wrists for some reason. The one I got was just awful. :( 

Some of the gestalt KOs are good though (I even have another Superion KO from years past). The ones that came out right when the gestalts were first being KOed were actually pretty decent. Over the years, their quality has declined, imo.