Customs: Superion Ideas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Deadend, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I haven't had a chance to get a Universe silverbolt yet, but I've been looking at pictures and messing around with the few seeker molds I do have so far and got a few ideas for limbs.

I was wondering if anyone else has ideas or examples of transformations for limbs that could fit on silverbolt for superion. Body transformations for silverbolt that would work for them, or make a beefier body or not for him, etc. What should be used for his head?

[​IMG]
    Leg mode E-screamer style, or Classic Seeker style?
    Almost like a movie vs classics aesthetic too.

[​IMG]
    Escreamer, Classics Seeker arm modes.
    Again one seems movie aesthetic the other more classics. Escreamer almost has the fist built right in, if a hole is added to the shoulder there. Classics Seeker arm would need a unicron, or primus hand. Escreamer would look epicly large with one too.
    I think both could attach to silverbolt if the right body formations for him were found. Can anyone try with pics?
    Just random ideas for when I try to make mine, I'm also undecided on which style of arms I should go for. I think I favor classics ramjet over classics starscream, but I don't have his figure yet. That way the leg wings can fold back for a more G1 appearance. Ditto to the arms, though screamers out on the arms are less obtrusive than I remembered, not sure with silverbolts backpack (Why aren't they available in stl yet T_T ). :/

I'm thinking E-screamers for a larger one bodied leg form(almost jet mode leg transformation then attach near fee, but stability issues), and classics could use a more E-convoy approach almost (probably more stable). Which would mean hollowing out seekers to fit (classics acid storm if he ever shows up here either.)

Any other combining ideas for superion?

Attached Files:

2. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    i want that ark background! can i have a copy? pretty please?

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It's in the toy forum, teletraan-1 ark playset. Some other guy made it. He also made a nemesis. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/178970-ark-playset-teletraan-1-a.html

And yeah I've seen the other WIP aerial bots. But I'm talking transformation ideas for superion which they, last I checked at least, hadn't gotten to yet.
    Most aren't even sure if they'll use silverbolt. This idea specificly needs universe silverbolt. Just need pics of ideas of for the body formation. xD

I'm also starting to wonder how frenzy_rumble/pittvite devastator idea might work here.

Taking the classics seekers as the limbs for silverbolt, but then boosting their length with primus lower arms, and a unicron waist.
    Dammit, don't even have a silverbolt yet, and I've already imagination conceptualized three variations. T_T Unicron legs also solve the transformation problem with silverbolt. Leave the legs and body in vehicle mode. fold the arms out with lower arms turned down. Head would attach in empty head spot (since silverbolts head is still hidden with the body raised). That should give him more size for the additional height pieces to look more cohesive and blend better. But that would be a the outside gestalt component way, and I'm leaning heavily on the as much without outside pieces as possible. (Hands and head can't be helped so far.)

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think the Classics seeker works better to be honest, from both an aesthetic and practical standpoint.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think you can be sure how they can combine until you have silverbolt tbh. It's all very well making advanced plans but if silverbolt doesn't suit your plans you'll be back at square 1.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Definitely get your hands on the Silverbolt mold first before you decide to make any mods. Also, I recommend you stock up on some Acid Storms so you'll have backups in the event that you screw up because that's the cheapest you'll be able to get your hands on the SS mold.

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I agree entirely on this, but can't really be helped since he hasn't hit stores in this area yet. I can do 'good enough' prelim idea work though if people would attempt different transformations with theirs with pics. Especially since I've already seen size comparison shots.

Laying the groundwork can still work, just can't actually start till I have a silverbolt in hand for the exact measurements of each spot to fit. Conceptualizing it though is another matter entirely. I can always adjust later once I have a basic plan. I never said I was going to start building yet.

Just trying to get a basic idea of what to try for the gestalt mode before I go through the hassle of making each one an actual aerial bot.
    If I had a silverbolt, I wouldn't even have needed to ask for others to attempt 'mistransformations'. From the pictures and videos I've already seen though, silverbolt does have the articulation in the arms I need, just may need to find a fix around his massive backpack wings. One in hand later will help me alleviate that issue. I'm pretty certain the two arm methods I've shown here could both fit, but there's still an issue of leg formations for sure. Since without one in hand I'm not entirely sure of the range of motion, and the fold in aspect if it's slanted or not. Though honestly, that will only take a bit of tooling to make it fit eitherway. Same to the classics seeker style bodies. I'd have to make the hollow insides large enough for whichever limb to fit snugly. Which yes would mean waiting on silverbolt in hand to measure out what's needed if I go that route.

I'm not exactly new to planning, or transformers, or looking at what articulation they have from just a photo. Considering SB has arms that can raise to be perpendicular to the body, just twist the lower part of the arm till you can bend the elbow till it's pointed down. That part is obvious. The depth of the seeker chest cavity would determine how close it is to the body, and can be adjusted at that point.
    The legs are a similiar manner, though may entail some tweaking in that area to give them a better aesthetic combination. If I could print it out from my brain to show you what I mean I would, but trust me, it's very well possible with room to spare. One idea basicly involves the limbs (arms are the same style both ways) to be attached similiar to grand convoy, where the seeker legs would simply be like victory leo feet, or grandconvoy legs meaning silverbolt would be in outright bot mode. Or from what I've seen it seems possible to do it with silverbolt in plane mode, only the nose can folded back. The difference here being the legs would have to be tweaked to go back straight, instead of folding in sideways. That would require a gap on that legs interior lower leg to have a gap in the side to fit the leg's joint. Both inside lower legs would need it, that's leaning on E-Escreamer use. Standard jet mode SB with just the nosecone flipped back would need the unicron waist, then it's just tweak the feet so they can go flat, or fit in snugly to unicron's waist.

Since I don't have a spair unicron or Primus to slice up though, I'm probably going to lean 'convoy/victory leo' style armor connecting. Though E-screamer gives an interesting idea for connecting with ease, it just doesn't seem stable enough for the weight (the legs have to hold up 2 deluxes and an ultra, it's barely stable enough for one deluxe, don't need silverbolt to know that method will have issues).

Laying plans is fine, it's when you start acting on plans without full research that you have an issue. As you can see from my pictures, I have yet to act. Just trying to get IDEAS for how it could all work, so when I get silverbolt I can just dive right in to double check and then go, or rethink. It doesn't have to be an exact science till that stage. Considering the fact I plan on buying extra acid storms anyway for repaints, that aspect won't phase me either direction, if it doesn't work for Silverbolt, I can just keep them as the already planned repaints I wanted to do instead of buying new ones later. Height adjustment can also be done via filler pieces if needed. Since the whole plan requires a stock silverbolt, he will fit my needs, or I'll approach the limbs differently. Arm wise though, he already fits my need. It's the legs that are my concern for which way to approach. The main issue of which being the pure robot mode method would have high knees, the other having almost zero leg articulation except knees(Unless I add articulation to where e-screamer would connect), unicron waist would have full articulation since that piece allows it. Only primus lower arms would have the correct bendable elbows. Both other methods can only bend the elbows to have the arms go towards the body. Silverbolt already has teh superion chest anyway So that's unneeded to tweek too. Finding an appropriate scale head might be an issue though. I'd like to use his original head which may be too small, and am unsure as to what sizes the knock offs come in, if one could better suit my needs.

So basicly it'll be-
    Conceptualize.
    Get silverbolt.
    Check if mocked up unaltered limbs will work. Match to various suggestions of SB transformations with pictures till finding desired outcome. Including my own ideas I've already thought of.
    Make list of bots needed if they do work out, or find new plane bots to check, don't do next step till you find desired outcome.
    Tweak those figures to fit to silverbolt superion mode. (Combine them)
    Seperate back into each individual bot once they all work as limbs and have set the height right.
    Customize them into the aerial bots, paint, new heads, new cockpits, and new thrusters.
    Reatach for superion and done.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    all four of MY limbs will be the same seeker mold (starscream/acidstorm/skywarp). I will be reshelling them to become different jet models, as well as slightly altering their transformation. This allows me to implement scramble-city as well as knowing that ALL my limbs will be EXACTLY the same length.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm going to go scramble city route. But I'd love to see how yours comes out to allow that.

E-screamer will just be one style. As classics would be a different, they have too different a length to mix and match. So either one would take four of it's own mold to do or I'd have to match arms to arms, legs to legs. E-screamer I like for it's lack of additional pieces (feet and hands) but the battle damage would have to be molded out which would be a headache. Seeker molds would have the better classic aesthetic though, especially once removing the excess shoulders. E-screamer yields a more movie feel aesthetic. Classic Seekers I'll probably stick with. Unless I get an itch to do another later with the decepticon repainted silverbolt. Might use Escreamer on that one, since he'd be a mostly 'original creation' in gestalt mode.

I'm guessing you're going at it from the arms at the side type manner for SB? Using E-Gestalt type mechanics to allow the scramble city route? And what are you going to do with SB's legs to allow articulation there? (Upperleg, the knee I can already see how it would work with the seeker, or e-screamer.)
    And how are you adapting the seeker wings to fold backwards instead of just flipping up? that seems to be the hiccup I'm at in trying to figure out. Guess I'll worry about that when at the reshelling stage for aerial bot planes.
    For one, I already figured I was going to have to remove the seeker cockpit, replace the head(ramjet seeker, foldable wings instead of flip wings) and give the head transformation a more Classics screamer style, but with a G1 Powerglide type plane head, (it'd still fold back the same as classics screamer, but it'd have an aerial bot head and cockpit) wings adjusted as needed during that point too, including how to get them to fold out of the way of the silverbolt winged backpack.

Desired outcome = whether I think movie style or classics style looks better as limbs. Though I think I've decided now, movie style(e-screamer) on the decepticon repaint, classics style on autobot superion.

So far the only head I think I might have issues with I'm considering Hardtop for. His beechcomber like head if boxed in and painted orange, seems close to what I'd need for that aerialbot. None of the other heads really vary much past that one and silverbolts don't they?

The more I look at the prelim limb ideas, the more I like the idea of the decepticon superion being massive in comparison to the autobot one. Autobots aiming for cohesion and stability whereas the Decepticon one aimed for size and power. So yup, definitely going seeker style for the autobot one.
    May have to check out the arms at the side connection ideas too, kinda gives the body more girth for scope.

Then again, rethinking this, I could hollow out all 4 seeker bodies to fit the arms as planned, then make a way for the legs to attach by their plane heads ( more G1-ish ) so then it would have scramble city capabilities within itself. I'll have to experiment with that once I get a silverbolt. He has a little leeway room in that area of his feet that are blocked off to be after the hinge when transformed.

I just kinda thought, if I'm going to be asking for silverbolt gestalt transformation ideas, I may as well show off the two style of limbs I'm debating on for now. Too lazy to do them as one photo each, so did them both in a side by side comparison shots of those modes.