Superion chest fix: magnets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptionZero, Aug 17, 2009.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm fiddling with my Energon Superion w/ the FP add-on and was looking for a solution to the stupid loose chest attachment. Seems to me like gluing the damn thing together won't work because you could never uncombine him . . .

Does anyone know where to get small magnets? I figure I could drill out the hole on the waist piece, then glue another magnet to the tip of the jet, and maybe it would hold together.

A cursory ebay/google search reveals only packs of 20 or more magnets, and usually too big for what we need. I figure it would need to be 5mm diameter or 1/4th inch, max.

2. ericskooky

ericskooky Robo-boogie

This may sound silly, but I know they sell velcro strips with sticky backs that can be cut down to any size you want. Then it could be easily removed if need be. Might be a little too thick, though. Just a suggestion. I got my FP add on kit today and I was wondering for a solution to this issue as well. Good luck!

3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrm, a small strip of velco is interest. I wonder if it'll be strong enough.

That one little peg is basically what's holding up the entire combined form's posture

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I had thought about using miniature rare earth magnets but I heard they can damage your computer's hard drive even from distance of 20ft, with my room being as small as it is and my collection being so close to my computer area i don't wanna risk it. It could work for you though.

But yeah, that tiny peg was their genius idea of holding the torso together. It's to small to hold anything together. I need to look more into magnets so i can find a way to keep him together.

5. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol...I've been using neodymium magnets for my customs...and I work on my computer desk with them...no damage to my computer.

6. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
  7. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I got a couple hundred from this place: Amazing Magnets

You can choose what size you want rather than just getting a mixture set.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That's a load of BS.