superion add on kit

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brimarmy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. brimarmy

brimarmy Member

Any one preorder from tfsource its my first time dealin with them and its taking forever. Also is it them or are all kits not out yet.

2. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not out yet I believe. TF Source & BBTS still have them on preorder.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    fansproject shipped it to them using an extremely slow shipping company. TFsource is more annoyed than you are about it. if TFsource would have been able to use their own shipping company, the kit would have arrived long ago.

They will deliver. don't worry.

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Its out, I already have mine.

I canceled my pre-order with BBTS and went with Toy Arena. I got my kit yesterday in the mail.

Toy Arena has them in stock(they have had them in stock for a couple weeks, in fact) and ready to ship.

YES, the kit is freaking awesome by the way. :D 

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is a problem caused by Fansproject, not TFSource or BBTS. IIRC, their orders are still caught up in customs at the moment.

6. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    no it is TFSource and BBTS fault for not airmailing their order. they choose to freight boat it to save money, Toyarena uses airmail and doesn't pass the cost on to the customer. TFSource and BBTS dropped the ball plan and simple, I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get a response from TFSource and have not recieved the slightest amount of communication from them. I sent them an email this week to cancel my preorder and ordered the kit from Toyarena and it will be here monday. I will NEVER use TFSource again, I find it unprofessional and disrespectful that they have seem to have neglected responding to my 2 emails which were both very professionally written. Thats my 2 cents

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No. it is NOT their fault. they didnt have a choice. fansproject sent it by freight. TFsource flat out told another user (who posted their response here) that they didnt have a say in the matter, or they would have used air mail.

8. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    The letter that was posted by another user referred to the Prime Trailers nowhere in that letter did they mention the superion kit. and Non the less that does not excuse them from completely ignoring 2 emails one this week and 1 last week. Poor customer service = loss business plain and simple

9. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I think Toy Arena DOES pass on the cost of the airmailing to the customer. Their shipping is twice as much as BBTS. I was gonna cancel my BBTS order and go with Toy Arena, but I notice the much higher shipping cost and decided to wait it out and get my BBTS order.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What does BBTS charge to ship it? Toyarena charged me about $8 for 2-3 day shipping, which seems pretty normal to me.

I highly doubt BBTS only charges $4 for 2-3 day shipping.

11. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Were you able to cancel your preorder? I know they totally give a disclaimer that preorders can't be cancelled. They might still charge you when it arrives.

I know I really want to cancel my preorder with them, and badly. But I don't want to get charged if I get it elsewhere.

Thomas/Toy Arena sell at a weekly collector show in my city every Wednesday & Saturday. The good thing is that I never have to worry about shipping or tax with him. Just straight up pay with cash. I should've gotten my Superion kits from him in the first place. A great lesson learned.

12. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Naw they just don't get the bulk shipping discount like BBTS does. They don't do nearly the amount of business. I remember when I was working back at my audio distribution shop, we had like a 40% discount with UPS since we shipped so much. ToyArena cost me 8bucks to ship from socal to norcal, which is exactly what I would pay walking into a UPS store to ship something down to socal.

13. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:

Yeah I have yet to recieve a response, opened a dispute with paypal, and also if they try and ship it I will refuse delivery. You can cancel pre-orders with them but if you do it too much they will black list you from their store. Either way I am completely pissed off with TFSource, and they have dropped the ball for the last time for me, its not the 1st time I've had issues with them.

14. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Yeah, I don't blame you. I am still eagerly awaiting to finally own this product. I still have my Superion transformed on "stand-by" mode where he's ready to fit the FP appendages. Had it like that for weeks now and everytime I see it, I get frustrated.

I too haven't received an email response from them, and probably doubt I ever will.

15. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I got my superion TF'd the same way right now too LOL, using some G1 combiner fist they actually fit the holes in the feet lol, but yeah I've become so frustrated with TFS that it actually pisses me off now, I have never worked for a company that it is ok to ignore your cust once but twice is insane

16. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I feel the purpose of a preorder is to guarantee that you will get your item first and in a timely manner. I mean, otherwise what would be the point? For circumstances like this, for whatever the true reason of the delay for TFS is, they should allow cancellations on preorders that are delayed. I can understand their policy of cancelling a preorder for other reasons like a change of mind etc., but with what's happening here should be allowable.

I usually never preorder things too. Especially videogames where it isn't even necessary, unless its some super rare bundled item with the game. But prior to the FP Superion kit release, I kept reading that FP products sell out soon after they are released, so that made me take action.

17. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:

Yuo I'm the same way, but with FP I always preorder b/c they do usually clear house fast and are limited quantities unlock anything released by hastak

18. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Well the cheapest option for me at BBTS is about $10, at Toy Arena the Cheapest option for me was a little over $20. I totally woulda switched to Toy Arena if it wasn't for that. I dunno, maybe it's different for shipments outside the U.S.

19. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive had my add on kit just above a week in the UK shipped by kapow toys its awsome

20. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I got this notice on my Facebook page from TFSource:

"Now in transit: Encore #16 Bruticus, Encore #17 Cassettes Set Vol 2, and Superion Add-on kit. Barring any delays we should get these items in anywhere from a couple of days to a week, and will update the site accordingly once they are instock! We will also be restocking at least a dozen popular out of stock items so stay tuned."

Hopefully that means our long wait will soon be over.