Customs: Superglue Shield Method

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Druggy, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Druggy

Druggy Active Member

Hi all,

Am doing a bit of detailing work now on my WIP custom and my hands do shiver quite a lot, so are there any recommendations for a steady hand? Am currently considering using masking liquid, but in the long run its going to be quite expensive. Much appreciated if anyone could give some ideas. I've heard something called a superglue shield method, does it work?

2. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Hey. You were asking about a steady hand. My hands had the same problem until I started doing this. I used to do my customs at a kitchen table. My elbows would hang off the end or I would usually prop my arms up with my elbows on the table and I couldn't get rid of the shaky hand. I got rid of it by putting my arms flat on the table while my hands painted. The only part of my hand that moves is from my wrist up. Most of the shaking hands comes from the lower arm not supported properly. Try this and see if it works. About the superglue shield, I can't tell you cause I don't know.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've suffered from hand tremors for many years. Often times, what deceptihunter said can certainly help with that :)  Patience helps as well :) 

4. Druggy

Druggy Active Member

Thanks Deceptihunter and SuperQuad. Maybe I'll try what Deceptihunter suggested...arms flat and wrist movements only.