Supergirl #9

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Spider Striker, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Well, I liked it. I still confused as to what exactly happened at the end of the Kandor story, but I'm willing to forgive it as we got some great character development for Kara in this issue (plus the returrn of Ian Churchill). I particually loved the smoking bit. It just made me smile for some reason.

And just who was Kara "dating" in this story?

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Owen Mercer, Captain Boomerang (wiki)... haven't read it yet, but that alone is probably enough that I'm gonna stay on the book for a little while long

3. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Huh, a GOOD issue of Supergirl for once. Dumping the craptastic Kandor plot and getting back to character development is exactly what the book needed.

-XCN-

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

the whole Kandor story was meant to be...she left the people in kandor to fend for themselves for the way to her long lost home.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Wow, that actually was a decent issue (in spite of Kara getting the better of PeeGee). The date worked, the stuff with Cassie worked, the stuff with the Kents worked, the stuff with Batman... well, you get the idea. We're finally getting some proper character development for Kara (beyond "Grr! I'm stronger than the Justice League! Grr!"), and it looks like she might be a real character after all.

Kelly's sold me, I'm sticking with this title. :thumb