supergirl 34...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    wow man...this is a good start with this new creative team...i've never been into the book before, but the new team is working with geoff johns and the dude writing superman to really tie all 3 books together, and i think this is an awesome start...i know they tried to do a secret identity for her once before in this volume, but i think this one will stick, and work well...and with New Krypton on the horizon, i cant wait to see more from this book...

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it. One thing bothered me though.....Lana looked blonde. I hope they aren't getting rid of her red hair.

Other than that, I like the new direction this seems to be going, enough so that I don't care that it seems they're never going to explain her old memories of a psycho dad and crystals growing out of her.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I hope more titles go the route the superman books are heading. I love when books all seem to work together in the same continuity without it being a crossover or multiparter. I remember when both companies had a lot of that going on in the 80's. No giant year long crossover in every title, just good well written stories(and I'm saying this just as the super titles starts a new crossover)(sigh)

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I gave up on this book ages ago. New creative teams get brought in about every three issues, leaving it feeling really disjointed. The fact that no one has really figured out a personality for the new Supergirl doesn't help - everyone writes her differently. I'm honestly amazed that DC hasn't just given up and axed this book yet (although I can see how much pressure they're under to make the character work after all the fanfare over her creation).

Personally, I'll just wait for the new title starring the good Kara from Krypton: Power Girl.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i totally understand where you are coming from, but i still think you should give this a try...i think this team is on the book for awhile, and it should be a great ride...and this is coming from someone who's never even liked superman, or most of the other super family...

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i've been collecting this from the start...and other than the first few issues, this actually looks to be a good creative team taking over...hopefully they stay for the long run.

7. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    The other thing I like is the supporting cast, characters other than the main hero and bad guy of the week to keep things interesting. This is something more books could benefit from.

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Finally got it, and was surprised that I enjoyed it right away.

See, I've always enjoyed this book. Stuck through thick and thin, but the revolving door of creative teams was getting to me. Esepcially since almost everyone had to throw their own take on her origin!

But this...this was nice. We saw her kick ass, we saw her vulnerable, and we saw more of her relationship with Wonder Woman (which I'd felt had been lacking in the past). I'm looking forward to see where this goes, but I'm kinda dreading the whole "New Kypton" thing as I haven't been keeping up with the Superman titles AT ALL!

...And part of me still wants Joe Kelly and Ian Churchill to come back.

9. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    I suggest you read recent issues of action comics, they are really good and yes based on the revelation in the last issue(action) it will play an important role in the supergirl title.