'Supercollectables' aka 'maxxnewtoy' aka 'toymaxx'

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by cagey, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

...aka 'S-collectables' aka William Weeks from TX.

He ripped me off from a trade on the YoJoe forum (and from what I read here, apparently others can't get through to him). Four attempts to contact him over four weeks, and no response. So far, it looks like he's known as 'Supercollectables' aka 'maxxnewtoy' aka 'toymaxx' and 's-collectables' who was just banned. On Twitter, his last post was 6 FEB, and nothing in a few weeks on FB.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items...llectables-b-s-t-lis-g1s-over-100-more-4.html

http://forums.yojoe.com/buy-sell-trade-q/79950-toymaxx-looking-him.html

Any suggestions, add them here. This has been my first experience with a bad trader, so now I, too am a statistic. I have no idea why people do this.

Will, set this right and restore your reputation.

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Don't feel bad, I got duped too. But thank god I never put money in the bank than I would be pissed.

3. sportinmorton

sportinmorton Decepticon Beer-Tester

I got scammed by him under his new username, "Primal_Fear" and he's using the fake name "Cory Ivey."

Could you send me links to his FB and Twitter?

4. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Damn, he's still at it? Someone needs to make sure this guy's info is compiled and sent to the authorities, and he is taken down. This is a big enough board where I am guessing we have at least one person who dresses up as a superhero in their spare time and has the motivation to keep moving on this.

Regret I don't have his data. I just Googled all of his aliases and typed in 'FB' or 'Twitter' thereafter. A cursory look today didn't bring up anything. When pictured, he did look like the slack-jawed yokel you'd expect.

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    He was on Ioffer as -

Supercollectibles
    Lee weeks
    Maxnewtoy

6. sportinmorton

@ cagey: is this our culprit?

william on Myspace

@ DethPike: not too familiar with ioffer, but it doesn't look like one can search by seller :( 

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
  8. sportinmorton

9. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

I'm not certain on the pic. I am not sure if his name is Will Weeks or Cory Ivey, but I am leaning toward Cory Ivey, and those get you different results.

Goes by super-collectables, s-collectables, maxxnewtoy, Cory Ivey from TX and William Weeks from TX. Address: 286 Ellington St., Center, Tx 75935.

Also: MAXXNEWTOY@GMAIL.COM, which is viewable at http://www.ioffer.com/i/190304400

Banned from:

YoJoe.com
    TheBench.com
    NTFA.net
    TFW2005.com
    seibertron.ca

Some of this info I have compiled through other sources.

10. sportinmorton

11. sportinmorton

Hmmmm.....now I'm not so sure Cory is the guy. I looked through some friends lists and found a "William Weeks." He's the guy in this pic from his wife's FB....

Megan Stracener | Facebook

Is that our guy? If so, I'm thinking Cory Ivey might be William Week's family friend or a relative and therefore a victim of identity theft....

12. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Can't say. The guy I originally thought was him was really scruffy. And I don't even know for sure it was him. Cory Ivey even happens to be some MMA guy, I learned from my Google-Fu.

I hate dishonesty in this hobby; it ends up hurting all of us. This guy Cory Ivey, Will Weeks, whoever, is a scammer. If he was starving and took a loaf of bread, that's one thing. But Cory switches from alias to alias and site to site in order to take advantage of groups of collectors in which trust is counted on, and... and that sob story of his was dumb. I know of a guy who claimed an acute illness, who tried buying from Cory/Will/Maxxnewtoy/Supercollectables. Fortunately no funds were sent, but Cory just dropped out of contact completely.

On the YoJoe site, a different guy "Cobra2011" got big trades out of a dozen or so people, and then closed up shop. Over 6,000 views on that thread. Buyer, beware.

13. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits: