Super Street Fighter IV PS3 TFW endless battle thread!! (scrubs welcome/encouraged!)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Human Beastbox, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha yeah dude. I think were pretty equal with Juri. :D  I have to admit though, that match where I beat you as Chun Li was pretty fun. lol. We should play again soon.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    No doubt! I think to me the funniest moment was either when you pulled out of the Ultra when I thought I had you dead to rights, then you just swatted me down or the match where I was playing as Abel. That was the first time I've ever used him, and well, IT SHOWED. (did I land a punch?) :D 
    Not to mention those matches that came down to one tick of health.

And although I don't really play with her very much, I do like using Ibuki a bit, although still haven't worked out most of her Special or Ex moves.

I'm now really looking forward to the mass Endless Battle with at least 6 people. This has the makings for something special.

Perhaps we could eventually have a TFW challenge. Best of 5 matches, winner moves on to the next challenger.

Not sure how we work that one. Any ideas??

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Perhaps something like this?

And if you're wondering why it say '360', the PS3 folks just didn't seem interested.

4. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    That's an option for sure, but forgive a dumb question, but do you know if the Tournament options in SSF4 customizable like what I'm saying, like best of five matches against an opponent like you could do in Versus mode with a person side by side?

I actually haven't looked into the Tournament mode options as of yet.

And also, the lack of interest at the time of the 360 SF sticky above by PS3 peeps, yeah, but I thought I'd give this a go for those of us that have the game on PS3 and might be itching to kick our toy robot friends in the digital face.

I've only just started to really get into SSF4. I'm a very bad SF player and I'm looking to play as many people as I can to try to learn and get better, besides just endless trials, arcade mode, and training drills.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It should have all of those options, but alas -it doesn't.

6. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    That's a pisser.

7. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I'd say endless battle is the way to go, tournament mode is awful. I hope the ps3'ers here are more game now cause I tried to set something up too a while back and only got interest from a handful of players. Nothing ever came out of it sadly.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    If you guys could, you should post a few videos every now and again.

9. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's probably what we'll have to do.

Cyber-Scream/Tyyy and I had a blast doing just an off-the-cuff 1 on 1 Endless Battle last night. I think we played like 11 straight matches--and that was only because I had to end it early.

And, yeah, Smasher, vids of the matches would be kinda nice. In fact, as soon as I get my capture card stuff sorted for my Mac, I actually have a YouTube channel laying dormant at the moment where I plan on putting up Let's Plays with commentary of my gaming in the future. One of which I plan on doing is a Let's Play of Dead Space 1. :D 

I know a few dudes who do LPs on YouTube and it's good fun indeed!

10. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Tonight's Endless Battle session showed two things to me Sigma, you're a BEAST as Gen and Cyber-Scream as Blanka is officially my SF4 kryptonite until further notice. I had NO CHANCE. None. Did I even win one round when you used Blanka? It was hilarious. I had no answers even when I tried to go all patient and chip you down. What's funny too is I believe I beat someone online that was using Blanka just last weekend. Hmphh! You owned me.

Another thing I also found out, I should use Ibuki more often. She's fun as hell for me to play, more so than Bison ever was, even though I can sometimes lay a beatdown using him.

One last bit parting shot, Endless Battle sessions after you've already been playing two straight hours is sadly......tiring. :D 

Can't wait to get even more people going!

11. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Speaking of blanka, I played one today who was sporting the new costume and that thing was really distracting in a bad way. They really shouldn't make costumes like that imo cause it can actually affect ur opponent. Maybe it's just me but every time he blanka balled it had like a wobbly look to it which distracted me for some reason.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The best way to play is to pick Cody, grab the knife and just stand there and mash the shot out of jab while shouting "uh uh uh uh uh" at your opponent. I call this 'prison style'. Its super effective.

13. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    I remember reading this same tip almost verbatim somewhere else before.

Do you happen to write game guides??????? :thumb 

14. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

Last night was fun. I liked fighting your Bison with Juri. I think I'll continue to play with her. Gen is tricky and has some bad matchups but I like playing with him.

15. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    I think I really hate Zangief right now.

In fact, if you stick around this thread long enough, you'll find that I hate just about every character I don't ever use and get beaten by. :wink: 

On the other hand, I'm finally starting to enjoy playing against Akuma. A dude in Ranked tried to Ultra me twice the other night and whiffed both times, then I quickly dispatched him with some Juri pinwheels. Good times.

16. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Are u playing giefs with juri? She can keep him out pretty easily and is a very annoying matchup that's only slightly in giefs favor imo. Next time I see u online I'll send u an invite and we'll get some matches in.

17. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Sometimes I do, as Juri is my main, but in this instance it was Ibuki. I made a couple of mistakes, got a bit too close and that damn pile-driver move takes like half her health. Annoying....

Even with Juri I seem to get caught by that big bastard fairly often. I guess if I was actually a good player, Juri could be a bit of trouble for Giefs.

And, sure man, I'm always up for a game, even if I know I'm going to get worked/raped by whomever. :D 

Just ask the peeps here I've played. hahahaha

These days I'm just trying to give people online some sort of contest or something to think about when I play them. Sometimes I nick a win here and there in Ranked. But I'm baaaaaddddd. :D 

18. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Hey, it's all about getting better that's all. We all started somewhere. U seem to want to level up ur game and I respect that. Just keep playing and ur only gonna get better.

19. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Right on, man.

I don't care about records. I might lose 10 straight. I might lose 20 straight but all I care about is bringing it.

'AVVVVE IT!!!! :) 

20. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

That's the spirit. I used to want to win so bad that I get down on myself if I lose. That's no longer the case because I know I am still a n00b so I have a long way to go still. I am going to practice on my SFIV skillz for this sunday's meetup so if you got time tonight look me up and we'll go a few rounds.

I know what you mean.. I get dizzy just by looking at it. May these recent batch of costumes be the last ones. I'd hate to see a character taking up half of the screen because of the thing that he or she is wearing.