Super Smash Bros. 4 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by strscrm, Dec 1, 2008.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

With each entry thus far released on different Nintendo home consoles, one per console, it would foolish to believe that Nintendo would release the next title (SSB4) on its current hardware the Wii, thus giving it two series entries. The fourth of the series will undoubtably be released on the successor to the Wii at the earliest of 2011.

With the third entry(Super Smash Bros. Brawl) giving us a solid reason to play our Wiis, especially online, what additions or improvements should make SSB4 superior to what we have now?

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    How about the ability to ACTUALLY play online; no more of this "Friend Code" crap.

And more non-Nintendo exclusive characters.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This.
    I demand Echo the dolphin as an assist trophy.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

How can there be an "offical" thread for an unannounced game?

:/

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Sonic netted the last game so much hype they need to expand on it. I want the video game version of the greatest battle of my childhood, Sega vs Nintendo. Mario vs Sonic is fine, but we can have Wario vs Shadow, Bowser vs Eggman, Peach vs Amy... No stopping with Sonic and Mario franchises, Samus vs Vectorman, Link vs NiGHTs, Pikachu vs Alex Kidd... there's huge possibilities here.

It wouldn't surprise me to see another Wii Smash title given how early in it's lifespan it got Brawl, Link for years had the same one game for one console rule but Wind Waker came out early enough to close with Twilight Princess. Hell, if this was a DS spinoff it would still be great.

6. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I would like to the see the omitted characters that they abandoned during production (Trixie Kong and Dr. Mario for example), and expand the current roster to include more from the selected titles (Wart, Samurai Gorah, Slippy, Tails, etc.)

Also, more Assist Trophies and items.

Expand the Create-a-stage mode.

And Mega Man (Dream: costume switch would switch between games 1-9, each with different set of abilities), Bosses as Assist Trophies. Imagine having Air Man blowing you off the side of the stage or Flash Man stopping time.

They would have to lose a couple of things to make it all fit though. Masterpieces can go.

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Megaman would be too good to be true... I imagined all his specials and smash moves would involve his different powers, after all he's not programmed to do much by default besides shoot, jump, and slide. You could have the Slash Claw from 7 as his primary Smash, his throw would be from Gutsman's power from 1, the Top Spin from 3 could be an aerial special/recovery. Every attack would come with a quick color change, and for Final Smash, Astro Crush from 8.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Ditto. There hasn't been any word for a Super Smash Bros 4 yet, what makes you think such a game would come out? Besides, knowing Nintendo, the next Smash Bros game (if there IS a fourth one) will probably be out on the next next-gen Nintendo console.

9. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

IF they where to make another one, I would like the storyline to make a little more sense. I would also not like to have a side-scrolling adventure game on my supposed next gen gaming console. Oh and more use of the motion sensing devices.

10. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Double Ditto.

Serioulsy why do we need to be talking about a an unannounced game that probably isn't in development yet, and at the very very best wouldn't be out for at least 2 years?

Anything that would come up at this point has either already been talked to death in the other thread from earlier this year or is going to be nothing more then rampant speculation and random fan rants/dreams. Hardly seems worth it let alone "Official".

Oh well, perhaps that's just me. I'll be over in the Street Fighter 5 and MegaMan 10-17 threads. :crazy: 

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Street Fighter 5 you say?

SIGN ME UPPPP!

12. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wondered that as well so I decided to use my funky Mod-Fu to change it to something more 'appropriate'

Plus I really, really hate threads called 'Official' unless they are made by a Mod.

13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More 3rd Party charaters, personally I want to see Mega Man, Protoman(voiced by Scott McNeil), Vamp, Knuckles, Bomberman & Earthworm Jim. We also need a better online system as well as more alternate costumes, like make Dr.Mario an alt costume for Mario, Old Snake or Naked Snake for Solid Snake, OoT & Windwaker for Ganondorf, etc etc.

14. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

How about a good game? Smash Bros is getting by on the Nintendo museuminess alone.

15. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I don't care what the new game has in it.

However, for me to be truely happy with it:

Wolf must have a UNIQUE final smash (assuming they keep this aspect of the game)
    Gannondorf quits being a Falcon Clone.
    GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO!

16. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I demand a Capcom License. Think about it... Megaman, Ammy from Okami, Ryu, PHOENIX WRIGHT!! We also need DLC.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for a DS version.

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    As much as I agree with more costumes, I think a Wind Waker Ganondorf would need a whole new moveset, thus really making him technically a separate character.

But who I am to care? More cel-shaded zelda characters!

19. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

the only way we'd get a new smash bros soon would be if it was for the ds or dsi. aside from that, i wouldn't even think about it for about 4-5 years

20. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Melee was a launch title for the Gamecube and there were no more Smash Bros. for it.