Super Punch Out! madness!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by funkatron101, Dec 4, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
  2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Very cool and VERY computer assisted.

No one can be that perfect at SPO that they 1)Take no damage 2)Their opponents RARELY enact their special moves and 3)The player in question beats each opponent the same way. A few shots to get them dizzy and POW

It's amazing though, no matter how good the new systems are. I can still play SNES games on a modded XBox :) 

Ah SNES, those were the days. Back when the companies were interested in quality. And not pimping out new systems so quick that they almost all have some sort of glitch the requires you to return it or something

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

That, and the title says it's tool assisted.

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm curious to find out what tool is being used, there were quite a few animations I've never seen in that game, and I've played it quite a bit.

There is no way to do it without that assistance though, I have mimicked the punches in some of those fights and the cpu will end up blocking one shot, disrupting the "stun."

I've beaten the game a bunch of times, but for some reason I am stuck on Mad Clown this time. I finally beat Aran Ryan in under 40 seconds, something I could never do before.

5. A_U_T_O_B_O_T

A_U_T_O_B_O_T G1 Fan

Fake, or not.......I love Punch-Out :lol  . I can still hear the NES Punch-Out theme right now.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you need a tool to beat it you didn't beat it...

7. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

By "Tool assisted" the likely mean that, while running it on an emulator, they saved it every single time that they did something sucessful.

As in, player starts the round. Save. Throw a punch, if it hits, save, if not, load. By loading over and over and over agaain, evnetually he'll be able to land the punch one time, and then he'll save as soon as he does. Then go for the next punch, all the way to the knock out, and start over again for the next round.

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Punch out is just great. It's one of the few NES games I still play...truly timeless, IMO. I don't recall much about the SNES version, though.