Super Mario 64 or Super Mario 64 DS?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by eagc7, Jan 30, 2011.

?

64 or DS?

1. Super Mario 64

61.9%
  2. Super Mario 64 DS

33.3%
  3. i Never Played Both Games

4.8%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hey Mario Fans, i have an question for these that have played Mario 64, which version you Prefer? the Original N64 Version or the DS Version?

For me the ds one!, i Like and enjoy the original N64 Version (i even play it when im bored), But the DS Version have alot of things that the original one dont have, Mini Games, New Levels, New Missions, And 3 NEW CHARACTERS! Luigi, Wario and YOSHI!, that makes the ds version A WIN for me

But my only flaws with the ds version are the Controls

what about you?

EDIT: DAMN i forgot to add the Both Option! can any mod add an Both option in the poll? Please?

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

The N64 one because of the bolded part.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I've only played the wii virtual console version, and I absolutely hated it. So unless either are significantly better, neither.

4. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

64 version, hands dow for nostalgia. BUT, does anyone here know whether or not the 3DS analog stick is compatible with Mario 64DS ?

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

DS. Portable, upgraded version of the old one. Controls are bearable.

6. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

The original. It was built around the N64 control stick and the DS can't compare. But I did buy and love the DS version. It was a smart move adding 30 more stars and Yoshi, Luigi and Wario as playable characters with different attributes.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I have played both. It is easier to play on the good ol 64. The DS is ok, has a little more added content, but I would take the regular 64 version all day long.

8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And they are all yoshi wearing a magic hat. The game is called mario 64 ds but we ended up with yoshi 64 ds. Why is yoshi the main hero?

That ruined the whole game for me. You don't even get to play as mario. It's yoshi turned into mario!

Yoshi is fine as a side hero or in his own game but i wanted to play mario in a mario game!

9. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yuo Have to Find Collect 8 Stars, Then go to one of the doors and there you find multiple doors into the entrace to peach secret slide go to the Middle door and you will fidn a toad and a paiting, go to a Door that Says have an 8 and you will find a paiting that have mario Face go to It, defeat Goomboss and yo usave Mario. Later go the Boo House Has Mario and you will find a luigi paiting in the Third floor of the Haunted house, go to the paiting and Fight King boo and you save Luigi, then Go to the Caslte Secodn floor has Luigi, and go where the Windowns are grab a Flower so u can turn invisible Pass thru the Window and go to the wario paiting and defeat that ice mosnter which name i forgot and you save WARIO!

10. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look at the second screen when "mario" comes on. It's yoshi in a hat. His face shows up on the screen when you change.

11. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

DS version is a remake with too much added

12. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I'm sorry... Too much?

You just lost your gamer cred.

13. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  14. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

Yoshi can turn into the other characters, but you rescue them, too. Mario is rescued extremely early in the game. He's pretty hard to miss.

Anyway, I picked the DS one. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of Mario 64 when it came out... it was too "different" from the other Mario games for me. I got the DS one as it one one of the only real DS games you could buy for the first year and I en joyed it quite a bit... never found the controls a problem. I bought the VC version of the original for the Wii and it just felt stripped down to me, both graphically and content-wise... so DS it is.

That being said, 3D Mario games never really felt totally like Mario until Galaxy as far as I'm concerned. 64 was just "off", and Sunshine felt more like a spin-off than part of the main series... and it still had that "off" feeling that 64 had. For the Galaxy games they finally got it right, I love them.