Super Link's Galvatron is pure awesome!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Recall, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I've just started watching Super Link and fuck me Galvatron is easily one of the most bad-ass decepticons ever. He beat the holy hell out of Mega Zarak and then made him his own personal bitch of a shield, then totally ravaged that punk Hot Shot.

All in a single episode.

Also he has got to have the coolest sounding voice ever for a leader, its so imposing. Makes you sit up and pay attention. Galvatron FTW!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha, I remember thinking the same thing when Energon started.

His comic appearance in the old Dreamwave book is pretty badass too.

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Superlink Galvatron inevitably suffers from villain decay as the series progresses, however.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

His toy rocks ass too. Best Galvatron Ever.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    So i've heard. I've yet to track a complete one down for a price i'm willing to pay but I will get one eventually :) 

Also the whole story of Ironhide and his moral dilema concerning his loyalities to Galvatron has got to be one of the best things ever in a TF cartoon. So far Super Link gets two thumbs up from me. :thumbs2: :thumbs2: 

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw, I was really hoping you were talking about the toy. 'cause that part of the series IS genuinely good, and I *love* the Demolishor plot... but... ugh, well, let's just say you're in for a disappointment. :( 

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Yeah, Superlink isn't much better than Energon. Better voice acting makes it a little more watchable at least.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree.

Superlink has coherent dialogue, complete animation and enjoyable character voices. Creating a watchable story.

Energon has a dub that most of time misses the point or simply makes shit up that actually just sounds like a bunch of cats trying to rape each other whilie imitating human speech. Energon is a failure.

So I would say Superlink is far superior than Energon :D 

9. Obi

Obi rhymes with epididymus

Energon/Super Link is pretty good for the first half of the series. Be prepared for disappointment though because it pretty quickly falls apart after the midpoint.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, but thats like saying having a hand severed with a rusty saw is far superior to having both hands severed with a rusty saw.

The sad part is, despite some bright moments, the whole second half of the series being pretty much "welp, we've got space to fill, let's just do everything again" is a significant problem for the show.

11. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Definitely one of my favorites from the Energon line.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He's good early on, but later in the series the plot falls apart. English or Japanese, you can't fix that. It's not bad translation, the show seriously just ran out of decent material and started struggling for plot points at the midpoint.

Stop watching at 26, and it actually ties up better with Cybertron's plot anyway. All you need is a slightly different ending and BAM, improved connection of the two series.

13. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I think that is perhaps the greatest travesty of ALL of the Transformers cartoon series. Before the crap cartoon aired, I ADORED Energon as a concept. And I still feel that aside from the cartoon, Energon was one of the most interesting conceptualizations we've yet gotten in a Transformers series.

14. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

...to be honest, I never even saw the English dub of Energon. And I remember enjoying Superlink a great deal, mostly thanks to it getting right to the point rather than waiting half the series to get the damn main plot starting. *cough*Armada*cough*

When it comes to Badassedness tho, I think Master Megatron gives Superlink Galvatron a run for his money.

15. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    superlink general galvatron is the biznitch...best purple galvatron TF ever!

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Superlink is better than Energon. Energon rewrote several key plot points form Superlink, like Alpha Q dying, Primus existing, and the respect between Ironhide and Scorponok. The charatcers, like Galvatron, are a lot better. I love the Energon Megatron toy, as well. Pretty damn boss.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    lets see what you have to say after you finish superlink, and you see that it too ends up making stuff up as it goes along, and stops making any bit of sense.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Yep. He does do a few more cool things over the course of the series and his eventual upgrade is fun as well.

I thought Superlink/Energon was a really well done addition to the TF franchise as an overall. Energon as a cartoon was utter, utter crap while Superlink was quite watchable (though it had it's flaws). The Energon Comic was a continuation of the Armada comic but even so was a strong read right up until its cancelation due to Pat Lee it still contained some really great characters and concepts (I will always lament that we never saw the continuation of that Megatrons plans or story). The toys were enjoyable and produced some of my favorite TFs, including the best Decepticon toy lineup as a whole at that point. Armies of Terrorcons (that even came in multipacks for easy army building!), Gestalts, homages and originals concepts, and a fitting alt mode for Megatron/Galvatron. My Energon/Superlink Decepticons were my favorites and stayed displayed for years (Actually it was only recently replaced by Animated). The Autobot side, not so much, though Omega Sentinel and Landquake are rather enjoyable. The Superlink Galvatron/Galvatron G mold is one of my favorite of all time; heck even as a frugal collector I've got Energon Megatron and Galvatron and Superlink Galvatron (Well, the TRU Energon release) and Superlink Galvatron G. Though personally I vastly prefer the smaller Superlink ones for display purposes with their fellow Decepticons.

Anyway, back on topic, "Resurrection Galvatron!" is one of my favorite TF episodes from any series. You can almost feel the visceral pain that Scorponok is in as Galvatron just beats him down, Mega Zaraks voice actor just sounded like his lungs were filling with blood. Galvatrons speech about pain, Alpha Q's flight, the living shield, and the start of the -sama subplot all make it a solid episode.

Heck, way back when I wrote a whole big comparison piece comparing the Superlink episode to the Energon with all the changes, bad dubbing, and unfinished animation about a week after the Energon version had aired.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  19. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Let's face it; we're all a little mad at the fact that the last Energon comic we ever got ended with Optimus Prime all geared up, ready to go gung ho. :D 

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    not me, because the energon comic wasnt any good.