Super Hero, Sci-Fi, Toy and Music Collectorfest 11/24 -11/25 in South Philly

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Primeconvoy1, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just found out about this from a friend. It's only 2 blocks from where I live in South Philadelphia. I'll check it out on Saturday and see what kind of toys they have on hand. Maybe I'll catch some of you guys there.

http://www.newalhambra.com/special.html

The Super Hero, Sci-Fi, Pro Wrestling and Horror - Toy and Music Collectorfest. Featuring "Eddie Munster" Butch Patrick, Larry Storch from F-Troop, Dawn Marie, April Hunter, Christie Hemme, TNA's Laticia Clien, Abyss and So-Cal Val, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Jasmine St. Claire, Original Diva Sunny, Missy Hyatt, Original Jason from Friday the 13th Steve Dash, Adult Film Legend Seka, Scream Queen Debbie D and many more. Show hours are 10:00am - 7:00pm on Saturday and 12:00pm to 6:00pm on Sunday. Dealers from all around the globe will be selling everything from comic books, action figures, DC and Marvel, records, CD's, autographs, hot wheels, matchbox cars, die cast, Star Wars, Star Trek, GI Joe, Transformers, music collectibles, Beatles, Batman, Superman, horror magazines, models, golden age to current comics, classic megos, Simpsons, KISS, TMNT, ICP, antique toys, and so much more. Admission is $15.00 for adults, $10.00 for kids 15 and under and $5.00 off admission with a flyer. Please check back for special guest updates and more surprises.

Map & Directions:

http://www.newalhambra.com/map.html

2. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

primeconvoy, how was the show? any good?

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Very small show with only one dealer with 3-4 TFs. A lot of wrestling toys though with overweighted Jedi knights walking around.

4. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was okay. Turnout was less thank expected, but there was an average amount of dealers for a small venue. I was able to get some stuff I was looking for cheap. There were TF's (old and new), G.I. Joe (mostly older), tons of Marvel Legends , DC Superheroes, comic books, comic book related figures, and a serious amount of wrestling figures. I had Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake sign his action figure for me, so that was kind of cool. :) 

I think the biggest problem it had was lack of advertising. I only knew about the show two days ago from a friend, and I only live two blocks from the arena. They lowered the entry price for Sunday to $5.00 to try and get more people to come in. I may go back depending on my schedule tomorrow.

The person running it is planning another in the spring. From what I heard from the vendors, he's planning to advertise the events better, so hopefully that'll bring more collectors in.

5. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh heh! What time did you get there, Simon? I must have missed you.

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I got there when it first opened and stayed about an hour or so. At that time, there was still a couple of dealers setting up or didn't show up yet. And yet $15 for entrance fee was high too. You have any connections to get them to lower the price? :) 

7. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the person running it realized that $15 was a bit too high for the show. Not too many people knew to bring a flyer to get $5.00 off the admission either. I think that's why he went with $5.00 admission today.

I emailed him too just to let him know my opinion of the show. I love to see more toys shows in the Philly area (Wizard World Philly sucks for the most part.), since we never really get any. I told him there is room for improvement, but I would like to see them come back in the spring. We'll see what happens.

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would have went on sunday if I would have seen this thread.