Super Dimensional Century Orguss coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sweep, May 26, 2007.

1. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, it is the 80s series.

Yes, it is licensed for a US release.

No, I don't know anything more than that.

3. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

It's being released on a made to order basis (with some extras to sell) by ImaginAsianTV. They are selling the series directly as well as through Right Stuf. The dvds themselves are actually not pressed but are instead DVD-R's, but they are very cheap ($12.99 for the first volume + box to hold entire series, $9.99 for each additional volume, 8 volumes for the whole series I believe). You can buy them as they come out, or wait until the end as they are also supposed to be releasing a boxed set of all the volumes at the same price as buying the individuals (and in the same cases, just a rerelease of sorts for those that want to buy the entire series). Oh, and for Orguss the old dub of the first 17? episodes is included, but the rest is subbed only.

4. Sweep

Even though its recorded do you think it will be better than the bootleg that is out right now? Better sub I mean.

5. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Do you have any links for this, because I cannot find anything on rightstuf or ImaginAsianTV's sit. I really need these DVD's,

6. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I would be very, very surprised if it wasn't. This is a professionally produced sub job, whereas the bootleg is likely from HK, and thus could be decent or could be complete nonsense. I really only know of one or two instances where a bootleg sub was said to be on par with the professional subs, but I've never seen it myself. Don't get me wrong, I've seen decent bootleg subs, but the quality is so inconsistent that I wouldn't chance it. There was an old sub of it from the previous US VHS release, but it only covered those same episodes that the dub did (about up to episode 17 I believe). This would be the entire series. The bootleg may use the old sub for the first episodes and not be too bad, but then it could turn into total garbage. Plus you should probably support the official release so they can do more old series. I know they can get ahold of at least Godmars, so I'll be throwing money their way for Orguss.

7. Sweep

If Rightstuff is going to sell it. I'll definitly buy it. I hope they are real successfull selling these because I've always wanted Yuushaa Raideen on DVD and I hope they will get the rights to that one day since it seems they are wanting to release classic anime.