Super Defenders?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Monkey-King, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Monkey-King

Monkey-King Lord of Monkeys

Has anyone ever heard of a series of toys from Japan called the Super Defenders? They were transforming robots, and as far as I can remember there were 4 of them. The names were D.A.Tona, X, Indy, and Monty Carlo. I remember having Monty Carlo and X when I was a kid. I have no idea what happened to them along the way, but I thought they were awesome. I still have the collector cards that came with them. But I want to try to find them, or at least find out how much I would have to pay for them.

Anyone?

2. Monkey-King

So after many many hours of searching, I found pictures of the 4 robots, and I found out that they were 4 toys brought over to America from some anime series called Galvion, or something to that effect. And after seeing the robot named X's toy after all these years...yeah...I'm not quite as enamored with him as I thought I was.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    From the name I thought it was the Superior Defenders gundam line (english version of the SD Gundam model line from japan).

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey monkey-king, slightly off-topic is that KMFDM on yr avatar? if it is, that's one of my favourite Industrial bands around. but too bad it's no longer the original line-up.

Ok back on topic, any pixs or scans of the collector cards. i'm a bit intrigued by all this. maybe i might've seen them before in the 80's.

5. Monkey-King

That plagues me a lot actually. I found myself later in life gravitating more towards the side projects or whatever like PIG. That stuff is just plain brilliant. But then it IS Raymond Watts, who was always my favorite member of KMFDM.

Now, on with the hootnanny (not like anyone is really paying that much attention to this thread.):

http://www.toyarchive.com/Convertors/Convertors.html

There ya go. This is the American toyline that the toys I am talking about come from. The ones from the start of this thread are in the Super Defenders link...and man...I had a bunch of the ones from various other sets in this series. But I have yet to find these 4 Super Defender robots in their true Japanese forms. The full name of the Anime is Cho Kosoku Galvion.

Meh.

This is what I do when I can't sleep.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Holy crap, I recognize those! I think I had D.A.Tona or Indy way back when. Of course, the version I got was either a Japanese/Chinese K.O. version (Mom did a lot of shopping in S.F.'s chinatown) or a hand-me-down from someone else.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had Indy and loved it. They recently had an auction on Ebay for all 4 (loose), sadly I missed out on it by like 20 minutes.

8. Monkey-King

I never had Indy. I just remember having X, and daydreaming about having the other two when I was a kid. But I did have the cash register-bot. And the slot machine-bot.

Now if I could just find all of the old toys that I had, but most of them are just a vague memory now.

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter