Super Bowl Trailer still in the works?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dragontron88, Jan 28, 2009.

1. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Were edging ever so closely to Sunday, and still no word on the situation exactly. Usually we get an internet release first before it airs on T.V., so I'm doubting it even more so. I mean come on, Wolverine and T4 both have Trailers out, and they are being released around the same time as TF: RotF, so why are they dragging their feet?

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know they better like have a mini battle in this trailer to make up for the wait : P

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    it has been confirmed NUMEROUS times that the trailer will be shown at the Super Bowl

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's to build up the hype. The Super Bowl is a huge event that millions of people will be watching, and to have the first-ever teaser trailer for the sequel to an awesome summer action flick that smashed the box office placed smack-dab in the middle of this event is a great marketing move (plus, I imagine that at least 80% of the people watching are the kind who would love a movie involving explosions and battling robots). Premiered this way, it will draw a lot of interest and be seen by a whole bunch of people and a wide audience. Unlike an online premier, which would attract mainly fans.
    The trailer will undoubtedly be officially released online soon after the Super Bowl, if not on the same day.

5. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This person speaks the truth my friend!!!

6. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

My wife and I will be some of the very few out there watching, just for the commercials on Sunday :D 

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    The trailer is most likely done. Just have to wait until Sunday, man.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think they'll be releasing the trailer anytime before the game. If anything we might get it online either sometime during, or afterwords. I might actually sit down and watch it, though I'll probably just wait and watch the trailer when it gets released online. That way I can do something worth the time, instead of sitting there waiting to see one commercial.

9. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

It's not unusual for a trailer/commercial to be worked on up to the day that it's to be broadcast. The crew at ILM/DD have no doubt been doing some all nighters to get the particular scenes up to standard for the trailer.

That's the problem with trailers, the teams need to take a break from the final work just to get the trailer footage final and at a point where it looks "finished".

10. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

We will all know in 4 days. Keep your pants on.

11. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT

12. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    why would there be any "word" about a 30 second commercial?

There word is that there is gonna be one during Superbowl. How much more word do you need than that?

13. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

other films, as well as merchandisers have posted their spots online already, but 'Bay and company hasn't yet.

14. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    why pay $3 million for 30 seconds when you're just gonna post the ad online? Bit of a waste dontcha think? Obviously they'd rather it be seen on the television when all of America is watching (which is a larger demographic) than all the TF fans on the internet community. It'll show up later online after the game and will be the most downloaded movie ad in history.

Look at how much hype Bay has built up. I don't think anyone else seems to care about any of the other ads as much as ROTF

15. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

What?!
    30 seconds?!!

What are they going to show in 30"?
    It's mainly sufficient to tell the name of the movie.

I'm afraid it'll be like the 1st TF teaser or maybe less.

I hope they're going the release an HD trailer very soon, because the hype needs more than 5 miserable months.

16. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    About 90% of the people I work with have said to me "They're making another Transformer movie?" in the past few months. Not a lot of hype around here, so where's all the suspense Bay is trying to build? Mainly in the fandom is my guess.
    Also, I'd be willing to bet that the GIJoe trailer draws the attention of more football fans than the TF trailer. After all, there's ninjas in GIJoe.

17. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I've been thinking alot about the trailer lately, and I think that there will be plenty of action footage in it, or even shots from newly added Transformers. Why? Because millions of people watch the SuperBowl. It is indeed one of the best ways to attract great attention. Man, I can't wait. Saturday I'm going to see and support my football club FC Groningen in an away match in The Hague here in the Netherlands, and then the next day, finally the TROTF trailer. Can't freaking wait. But to answer your question: I think it's safe to say that the trailer is finished, yes.

18. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

It had better not just be that little face thing and then "Revenge is Coming" line.

19. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's the superbowl. Way more people will be watching than would take the time to seek out a transformers ad on the web--and many of those football fans are specifically paying attention to the commercials, as the superbowl has gained the reputation for high-budget/interesting/funny commercials.

It wouldn't be a waste of money at all. Suppose it was released on the internet first. Would that prevent people from watching it when it's on the superbowl? The primary aim behind showing the ad during that mega-expensive event is to reach as many people as possible, and that's not the same thing as broadcasting during the mega-expensive event in order to premiere it there only.

20. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats exactly what Ive been saying. I hope its not either!!!