**Supah Cleah Pics Thread 2018 TRANSFORMERS Edition--Rules in First Post**

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Weirdwolf, Dec 31, 2017.

1. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I appreciate you taking the time to pick my brain on why you think I may me be copying a certain person!!! I also truly believe that your write up was not intended to offend me in any manner! I assure you that my pics in no way were meant to mimic or poke at said person. Some may feel that some shots my be similar, but trust me, that has never been my intent nor do I feel that I mimic him beat for beat! Sixo blew up for his carpet photography which we all thoroughly enjoyed for years, but he has since switched to solid and some not so solid backgrounds. If you take a look at my flickr, I and many others have been doing that for years. Now I did adopt a reflective surface, but many others also use this technique in their photos as well. Reflective surfaces make it much easier to focus on other aspects of a shot without having to worry about shadows. As far a background choices, it's a non-issue as I've always switched my backgrounds and have never settled on a particular one. If you look at my photo history, be it here or flickr, I've always used different backgrounds as I enjoy the challenge. As far as composition goes, i follow the rule of thirds and fifths loosely and don't feel i'm copying a certain pose or angle. LBH how many shots can you do of an alt-mode without it looking similar to anyone. There are only so many ways you can position a vehicle before it becomes less flattering. If we are also talking about bot posing, I think we all position our figures in a similar way in some form or fashion. Some of you do numerous galleries of bots in all sorts of poses so it's natural that some shots may have the same vibe. I've been part of this thread since 2012 and have been doing toy photography since 2010 and have always considered this thread to be a fun place to share shots, give feedback and tips. I've had many influences grace this thread from tcracker, tj, bonkers, unem, hardreturn, brricy, goddog, neovox, you, sixo etc... Lastly, image quality, I seriously don't think that we even remotely use the same post processing techniques so that would also be a toss up. So to clear the air, I have not deviated from my type of photography. Nor do I feel I that I have based my photography on someone else's work. If anyone else feels the need to confront me on trivial matters, please speak up. Sorry Maz, I do have a lot respect for you and 6-0, but I honestly believe you guys are calling me out as this could have been done in a PM. My seven years on this site has been very enjoyable and I have made many friends along the way. I have always done this for fun and will continue to do so. Given both of your guys stature on this site, I hope this is not some form of discrediting me in any way. If not, we have both said our peace and hope that we can move on!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Everyday is Rusev Day TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea... this got passive aggressive/shitty pretty quick.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    still my only FansToys joint, and will be until they do their Sixshot.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Exactly, Rice, they weren't meant to offend or accuse. It was a genuine question about artistic style. That's why I didn't send a PM, because it was not intended to be a personal affair or a call-out, I had just noticed the similarities - and wrongly - assumed you were sort of changing your distinct style to a different approach that you may have felt you wanted to pursue more, and I was interested to know what had inspired you to do so. You and I have always been very cool with each other on here, I asked you to contribute to my article on photographers last year because of the respect and admiration I have for your work, so please don't forget that when putting my post in context.

Nah I never believed it was to poke or antagonise, more of a tribute and inspiration thing, I did try very hard to make my previous post sound like it was coming from a place of admiration and genuine inquiry. I'm sorry if that's not been the way it came across.

Honestly, I think he blew up in popularity because of the high quality of his work, regardless of background or carpet. Since he's moved to non-carpet backgrounds I think he's gotten even more recognised for his ability.

Actually this is very interesting, because as I said elsewhere on the boards recently when I had the whole 'metallic filter' accusation lobbed at me, I have absolutely no photographic education or knowledge of photographic theory. All of my results are the consequence of chance and just trying things out. When I find something I like I tend to stick to it for fear of losing that feeling I like...again this is because I am not always certain how or why some photos come out better than others when all the processes I go through are done. This is more along the lines of what I was asking for you to communicate; is there any sort of photographic, artistic - and I guess theoretical - reason why you guys were producing such similar photos now? And yeah like I said, I had assumed your style was in response to/inspired by Sixo. Keep in mind, I have asked him the same questions about why he does things a certain way.

I had no idea that's why a number of toy photographers used reflective surfaces, genuinely.

There's no need to clear the air or move on bud, because in my mind this was never a disagreement or a confrontation, Rice, just genuine inquiry. I didn't feel it was trivial because the entire point of this thread is photography, and I thought you had photographic, artistic reasons for producing the results I was referring to.

Also, remember it's just me asking you, poor Sixo hasn't at any point questioned you about this, has he? So he's not called you out anywhere that I am aware of - and honestly I never meant to, either.

I was just asking mate, I had no piece to say. This has been an interesting point of discussion for me, and I actually had a conversation with @PlasticSpark about it too regarding how I felt a lot of TF photography was convergent and similar, and that I'd willfully taken a step back from following a lot of artists just to ensure I was being as different and fresh as I could be, not even subconsciously adopting styles that I admired in others. But I guess if people felt the need to bring up that 'metallic filter' waffle , I've not succeeded :lol 

There's nothing to gain by discrediting one another, so again that was not the intent. It's not a competition - and if anything the person who I find I am compared to the most is Sixo, as he's a UK guy, does written reviews of similar figures to me, buys similar stuff, does photos of toys... people occasionally feel the need to say things like "Love the photos, but Sixo's still just a bit better than you" in emails even when we are not talking about photos! :lol 

And like I said at the start, I didn't send you a PM because I didn't feel it was a personal or accusatory matter, but I think in future I will go that way as I don't want you to feel victimised by me at all.

If you're referring to me, why "passive" and "shitty"? I actually quoted Rice directly and asked him the genuine artistic questions I had for him that I intended to, and he's been kind enough to respond in detail, albeit unfortunately I pushed him into a defensive tone which I didn't want (sorry Rice). Passive aggressive would have been responding indirectly, not quoting and being more nebulous, just dropping vague commentary here or on another social platform without speaking directly to the person to which I was referring.

All the best
    Maz

5. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
  7. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Same as Downbeat, really. At least he looks mega in robot mode :) 

BB15-3x.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 7
  8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes I was referring to you.

No. No I am not going to sit and give an elongated, lay man's explanation about why passive aggressive remarks are passive aggressive. If you truly need that explanation, I feel that @RICEMASTER hit the nail on the head with (amongst other things) conversations as such needing to be handled through PM.

Yes. Yes I am going to continue to post pictures and talk about as personally it's the only reason I visit this thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    First off, I would like to apologize to everyone who visits/participates in this thread as I rarely go into a rant!!! TBH I think this is my first ever!!!:)  I would never want to derail this thread in any capacity as this and The Masterpiece thread are my favorite. Nor do I want to make this place awkward! @Maz No bad blood. I think your intentions were pure and I appreciate you clearing that up!:thumb  I also acknowledge and thank you for letting me participate in one of your articles. That was one of things that came to mind in my response as I was unsure what your intentions were. Sixo, I strongly believe that your body work is what makes you popular and not your carpet, my response just came out wrong!:)  @Maz I appreciate your honesty, as I would always want someone to be straight up and not sugar coat things. Miscues happen (from both parties) and I have already moved on!:)  I will continue to enjoy yours and everyone else's contributions because all you make this thread great!:thumb  @Kuma Style ---> I will always enjoy your contributions as you have been integral, along with others, in helping me build my craft!!!:thumb  As of now , this whole thing is dead and was never a issue/problem to begin with!!!:)  I hope everyone continues to post amazing work and lets get back to business!!!:) 

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Robots78

Robots78 Ow, my foot!

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    These shots of Hot Rod are gorgeous, especially the side profile alt-mode shots. I love the one with the little dudes in the foreground, it has a great sense of scale and drama. I always like your images, but that one really grabbed me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    No apology required here, I'm the one who is sorry to make you feel as though you had to defend yourself.

I thank you, sincerely. Hot Rod is doing all the work there, though. I always wondered how good that chassis of his would look in the right colours and with the right finish, TakTom really did it justice!

The correct answer is, of course, to buy both :D 

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks so much and same to you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this can get back to pictures now? Thaaaaaaaaaaat'd beeeeee great.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Full review and gallery of Fans Hobby Power Baser is in my sig, after these pics, highlighted in blue :) 

PB43.jpg PB41.jpg PB42.jpg PB40.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 6
  15. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Now that the catfight is moved to private... :oops:  Downbeat always bothered me for those reasons, I just... Had not seen them as easily with ricochet's deco before.

16. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  17. Robots78

Robots78 Ow, my foot!

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    ghost-screenshot.jpg

scourge-ghost-crop.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  18. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bamboozled C35FBF9F-04CC-4D58-8B5A-93BDADAA2FB7.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What version of Orion Pax is that and is it MP scaled compared to MP10?
    I've never seen them in a pic standing side by side.

20. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    03B54495-2A0D-4798-A165-8DD2B8E58D63.jpeg 805D4913-4A26-4F7E-B824-D025C026C00D.jpeg
    Like this ? Potp’s Orionpax

• Like Like x 9