Sunstreaker variants...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Jan 28, 2008.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

With ehobby doing Diaclone reissues of G1 characters, my mind got a-working as normally is the case, so I'd like to pose a question to the members of the board:

If the police car and red variants of Sunstreaker were made and reissued by ehobby as "official" Autobots, what would you like for them to be named?

I'm shooting for Redline for the red version, and I'm thinking possibly Interceptor (honestly can't remember if there was ever a G1 character with that name) or Takedown.

This sort of became an issue with talk of the new Classics Sunstreaker and Sideswipe molds being the same, but different colors with a few modular parts. That and since every auction I have come across is gonna land me extras of Sunstreaker and Sideswipe that rather than try to get rid of them, I'd trade heads making a yellow Sideswipe (Tigertrack) and a red Sunstreaker. Kinda wondered what to call him....

Anyway, would love to hear your ideas

Tony

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The police version should be Checkpoint.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Crap, this name suits him like a glove.

4. G1Prowl

Checkpoint it is. Definitely an improvement over the name I had. Can we agree on Redline for a red Sunstreaker? And who do I email to make that happen? E-hobby? Takara? Hasbro? I plan on pursuing this to the fullest...

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Erm, we don't know what happened to the Sunstreaker mold. It might have gone AWOL together with the toolings for Wheeljack and Mirage.

6. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The red one's name should be Spinout, as that was the original name for Sunstreaker.

The red version was the first instance of the mold released in the U.S.

Given that the unofficial Sunstreaker reissue is coming soon, these colors are likely, if Diaclone Red Mirage is any indication.

7. G1Prowl

Did they ever name the red and black Mirages?

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, the Iacon City redecoes are pretty well known, so what about Hellraiser and Warrant?
    And the Mirage redecoes never got proper names (since they haven't been released, even by E-Hobby). But IC again have at least done the red version, as Speedway.

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

For the Diakron release, red Sunstreaker is named 'DK1'. Ok maybe not the best name...

[​IMG]

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh. Nice use of "Trailbreaker's" missiles in the shoulder ports on the box artwork...

11. G1Prowl

Checkpoint stays, but I think I'm gonna go with Redline. If for no other reason than to give the mod an excuse to make a new avatar. Be flattered to know I could effect a change....

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

...But Redline's already got his own character called Redline... not to mention the Micron...

13. G1Prowl

And there's not like thirty Starscreams? Or Prowls?

Not gonna call him Hellraiser, think I'll stick with Spinout then....

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

There is no official black Mirage- the Diaclone version was only released in red and blue schemes.

The black scheme was created by the KO manufacturers, who refer to it as "Nemesis Mirage".

15. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I know this thread is two years old, but I'm curious if this ever panned out? I'm becoming addicted to Sunstreaker as I just recently got my yellow KO a while ago and would like to get him in all his variants. I've seen both the red Diaclone DK1 and the police-car version on ebay this week. The red Diaclone version is plausible, but the police-car version is way to freaking expensive. Seller's asking for nearly 2G's! I'd love to get my hands on it, but no way in hell can I at that price, so I just recently asked if somebody could make one. Then I saw this thread.
    So, I'm wondering if this went anywhere? Or did the idea fade away? I'd love to get both red Sunstreaker, and the police-version.