Sunstorm & P. Shockwave Target Exclusives Availability

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by RidgeRanger, Mar 17, 2009.

1. RidgeRanger

RidgeRanger Banned

I read this at the Collector's Club website.
    Thanks to UTK007 for originally posting this.

"I went by my local Target today and typed the DCPI # assigned to the exclusives into the the price scanner on the wall (newer price scanners have buttons). To my amazement, it showed that the Sunstorm and Shockwave exclusives were in stock. I got a guy to help me and he went into the back. He brought out a tiny cardboard box that held just two Sunstorms and two Shockwaves. He said that was all the store would get in. The store got just two of each! So I thanked the guy and got one of Sunstorm and one of Shocky. I'm posting this to warn everybody that these figures may be hard to find. If my store only got in 4 total, that cannot bode well for others. They will not be officially put out on store shelves until Sunday. But they will sell them early. If you really want these guys, I suggest that you hightail it to your local Target and use this number (087-06-0105) to find them in the stock room. They may be in limited supply. And honestly I am not surprised after the last batch of Animated exclusives that sat on shelves forever and eventually went on clearance for $4 a piece. Happy hunting everyone.
    P.S. These guys are AWESOME. :D "

2. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um, your welcome?!? I was just about to post that here.

3. RidgeRanger

RidgeRanger Banned

Oh sorry. I didn't know if you would post it here or not and I got excited. I'm about to head over to my Target to get mine!

4. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You gave me credit. So no harm done I guess. And yeah, the sooner you get yours the better. Good Luck!

5. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found them at a local Target myself the other day. I've heard a lot of people saying the stores had end caps set up for them but when I found them it was just two of each sitting on the shelf. Seems similar to what you have found and would not suprise if those 4 were the only ones they got in. I should have checked to see if they had more in back. Those 4 are also all gone now.

Wouldn't be too suprising if these were somewhat hard to come by pretty soon considering possibly limited numbers and the fact that most fans seem to really like them. And with not a whole lot else going on with Animated, and perhaps little left to come, it's the hot item right now.

6. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found these at my target yesterday and there waaaay more than 2 of each.

7. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    Went to my closest Target and they only had a tiny space for them on the shelves next to the G.I. Joe toys. No end cap. That Target only had one Shockwave left. I then went to a Target a little further away which did have an end cap and they had plenty. Apparently it depends on the store.

8. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have never seen the Target exclusives before. All they have are about 20 Voyager Megatrons and a couple of Mighty Muggs. I want Sunstorm, dammit.

9. UltraMagnus1fan

UltraMagnus1fan City Commander

here in Puerto Rico we don't have Target's I'll have to ask my sister to find it for me in Texas

10. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Just got mine.
    They had 10-12 of each, on end cap w/gij jets.
    Most target's will have them out in force this weekend.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Got the Shockwave vs. Bumblebee set while at Target today. There was at least four of each of them on the shelf they had set up, and I saw some other people walking around with them in their carts. They also had some Voyagers there that haven't been in stock for a while, like Bulkhead and Optimus Prime. Would have gotten a Lugnut, but Shockwave was the better one, imo. That and the rate that Lugnut is selling around here, I'll probably be able to get one of him, or even the repaint when it finally shows up, the next time I have enough extra cash to buy a Voyager. That and for all I know this would have been my only chance to get him in-person. I only ever did see the Classics Ultra Magnus vs. Shockwave Target exclusive set once, and didn't have the cash at the time to get them.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I just came from ONE Target in my area, and there were at least six of each. When I hecked in the area, there's a $#!tload of them(for now). If someone really wants one and is willing to pay the shipping, in addition to the cost, you can PM me. Long as you can PayPal me I'll help.

13. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    None the of the ones around me have any yet I'll loks at work on Sat and see if we got some in. I wanted the purple one but I found the regular one in store and I like it better. I actualy think the mold looks better in show colors anyway. The only real advantage is the faction symbols are the correct colors. longarm looks bad in purple anyway. Maybe if the set was 20 so u actually save $$$

14. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

If Zellers here in Canada doesn't get these, I will be very very angry!

15. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Ugh I have a feeling I'm never gonna find Sunstorm =/ I don't live close enough to a Target to make "regular trips" so I hope I get lucky sometime soon.

Oh... and I still say that Thundercracker should be a voyager and the rest should be Activators =P