2D Artwork: Sunstorm concept re-interpreted

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by dsn1014, Apr 8, 2009.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Sunstorm concept

I did a couple of drawings tonight of Sunstorm, a classics variant type thing. The body is based on Protoform Starscream from the movie. I'm looking at them and I need to get more practice in, but this is what I've to offer.

I've alot of places where I can see I'm not happy, but any advice would be helpful to help me in some places where I'm drawing a blank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those are nice drawings. You could tighten the lines so their not sketchy. Maybe start off by sketching really light, then build your main lines up from there. Keep up the good work. :) 

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Thanks. I've been drawing with a tablet the last few times and I'm finding it hard at times to keep a smoother flow to the lines. I need to do alot of work.

I updated the first post with two new pictures. I'm much happier with these. But now I think I need to do an alt mode pic.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find it hard to keep lines smooth with tablets as well. One thing I learned from other artists is to work really big, then downscale the drawing. What I do is sketch with a blue color on one layer. Once I'm ready to do the final lines in black, I resize the image 400% up. Then in a new layer, draw in the final lines in black, zooming in and out where needed, while erasing mistakes. Once I'm done, I save off a new copy, which is resized down about 25%, which ends up being the original size of what the blue line sketch was. Lines should look good with this method. :D