Heavy/Scratch: Sunstorm and Thundercracker, custom boxes

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Blue Meanie, May 10, 2010.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I am finishing up my seeker boxes. But I am most excited about Sunstorm, it has sparked a fire under me to do custom boxes for all the diaclone and e-hobby variants, G1 style. I figure it would be pretty sweet to have them next to the originals, Tigertracks sideswipe, black and red Tracks, Clamp Down and Deep Cover. It'll be worth popping them out of the lame e-hobby boxes and put them in G1 style. I am doing them under D.I.A.CLONE instead of Autobot or Decepticon. I am going to file their techs based off the Dreamwave storyline that showed all the Diaclone's and some other repaints as clones made by shockwave. When I do the US boxes for Soundblaster and Twincast I am going to say they were able to be saved from their battle to the death because of the spark-less clone bodies Shockwave made. The Diaclones I will give their own personalities and Sparks to, but any repaints I will use that story. Anyway bla bla bla here they are. I have a bunch of targetmasters and other boxes done, just need to find the time to assemble them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is his tech spec. I didn't know what to put on his tech, I went with some rainmaker stuff, your basic clone bla bla. In the end I just used a bunch of stuff I read and interpreted from the dreamwave comic.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Blue Meanie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, I freaking love them! Nice work!

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Are you selling boxes? Cause I would love some G1 style boxes to put all my TFC, Encore, and Commemorative Series reissues in.

5. SOUNDBLASTER-TFNZ

SOUNDBLASTER-TFNZ Evil Decepticon

Ditto to that .... :drool: 

6. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    Great job again, Blue Meanie!
    I know how much time and sweat it takes.
    Keep up the good work.
    What is your next planning?

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Amazing as always.

Those colours really pop.

8. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn those are sweet! if you decide to sell these boxes you would be very busy but have a lot of $!

9. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

NICE, those boxes are immaculate!! It's good to know there are more box makers out there, I might need one in the future!

10. Blue Meanie

Thanks everyone.

Thanks, I decided I wanted them to be really close to the actual transparencies of the box art, which are super high res and beautiful. I didn't want to purposely wash them out to match the old boxes, seemed like a shame to water down the artwork.

Well I am all over the place thinking about what I want to do next. I am going to make a G1 box for purple and grey Galvatron with modified boxart for sure. I have most of the seekers done, I am just debating to use the toy pics I have taken for Skywarp, or try to get my hands on toy pics of the purple launchers. Otherwise he's done. The coneheads are nearly finished but I need extra toys (Botcon). I h

[​IMG]

I have the Diaclone repaints to box, and I want to make a G1 Hound and Trailbreaker. I am re-doing my G1 car boxes now and fixing a few things that were off on my first batch. I am almost done with that and have Orion Pax, Black and Red Tracks, multiple Skids and Sideswipe variants all lined up.

[​IMG]

11. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Dude, these are seriously AMA-ZING! Let me know if you're going to start selling cause I will be a buyer!

12. lethal injection

lethal injection Well-Known Member

After seeing these bitches in person I threw up!!! I just can't keep up with your awesomeness Blue Meanie!!! Sunstorm is definitely my favorite until you make mine that is...Stay Tuned!!!!!
    -Lethal Out

13. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Looks good.. I was wondering how sturdy are these boxes? I remember a couple of years back, that you did some custom boxes for G1 Cars with dreamave artworks and stuff. Care to make something like that please for Rodimus Prime, my loose Rodimus Prime would love to get a hold of one, if not. Can I ask for a commision of one?

Last edited: May 12, 2010