Suncoast Sam Goody Closing its doors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altercron, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

The Suncoast and Sam Goodys up at the Mall of Georgia are closing down. Does this hold true for all the Suncoasts and Sam Goodys in the country? Ive checked on thier website, but it doesnt say anything about any stores closing.

Luckily I found out yesturday so I decided to cash in all my Replay certificates today. But still, this is one of my favorite stores and its going the way of the Dodo?

2. HellsJester

HellsJester Active Member

What The...!

The Media Play down here at North Point Mall just closed, they said the parent Co. (Which owns Sam Goody and Suncoast for anyone who didn't know) sold all the Media Plays to a liquidator...

What's going at their HQ???
    They just decide to walk away?

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Musicland, the corpoarte owner of Sun Coast, Sam Goody and Media Play has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. So expect a bunch of those stores to be closed or reorganized. Musicland's bankruptcy is one of the big reasons that Palisades is no longer in business. Musicland was the biggest distributor of Palisades product, and they had stopped ordering stuff.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/8156.html

4. PavingMantis

PavingMantis I have pincers...PINCERS!

The Suncoast here, in Central Illinois closed about a year/ year and a half ago. I never really liked them though. Everything was way overpriced, and everyone who worked there was a jag off.

One time I tried to go in and I had a new pair of boots on. Well when I bought them the person who checked me out must not have turned off the anti-theft thingy, and when I tried going into Suncoast it set off the alarms.

Immediately some clerk comes over, asks me to go through the little gates a few more times (which I did with no protest), asks me if I took anything to which I said "No, I was coming IN here to SHOP," he then informs I won't be allowed to shop in their store. I asked him if he was kidding. The manager came over and kicked me out.

The jag saw me walk in... still asked if I stole anything. They lost a customer that day. I made sure to tell everyone I knew not to shop there also. I like to think that had a small part in their closing.

A few days later I went to Wal Mart and set off the alarms walking in again. The greeter came over and I thought, "Here we go again." I explained the problem with my boots, and he gladly waved his electronic scanner dealy over my boots and turned off the anti-theft thing.

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I'll need to swing by my local mall and see if suncoast or sam goody are closing. They're one of the only places I can find Halo figures and that's where I buy all my anime on triple point weekends.

Well, I guess that's the world we live in where people want the rock bottom price at the cost of customer service and knowledgable staff. I like going into a place and asking people what they think is good and what I should check out. So far, the guys at Suncoast have no lead me astray with their suggestions. Now if I want something special ordered, I guess I'll have to scour ebay to find it since there is no brick and mortar stores that offer that service.

6. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    My Media Play is almost gone. Something's up.

But on the plus side, I got Media Play ATHF Exclusives Glow in the dark Mothmonsterman and Signal Master Shake. I'm gonna be soooooooo rich. :) 

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

where I am in nj the suncoast closed but not the same goody.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We have a FYE in our mall. I never buy anything there. I can buy the same thing at Best Buy for $5 less at least.

9. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Our Media Play also closed, like all of the others did. We just recently got a suncost (pun intended) here, and it is way overpriced. I will never shop there.

10. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Sam goody in Peabody closed but the Suncoast in Danvers is still open.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The Suncoast at the mall here is still open. It's a pretty good one too. Very helpful staff. The guy there even tried helping when I was searching the mall looking for a microphone. They also have Japanese snackfoods! Bought my first box of Pocky there. lol

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I only ever go into Musicland/Sam Goody/Suncoast/Media Play for toys, never CDs/DVDs as they cost too much ('cept Media Play's used DVD bin). When I was in Macon, GA, the Media Play was a friggin' gold mine for toys though. Pretty sure it's already closed since then, or was on the brink before this.

Lately there's only one each of Suncoast and Sam Goody around and they haven't yielded much toywise. There has always been a shitload of Palisades stuff at those stores though, so that this happening is a major reason for Palisades' closing makes sense, and is actually probably the most unfortunate aspect of all this.

13. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

We still have one of those here, I buy more movies at best buy than there nowadays. The staff are good people though.

14. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

its funny people are saying there suncoast, fye, media play what have you are closing. a mall here just opened another fye in the same mall along with the suncoast and other fye. And the mall by me also still has its suncoast. Go fig

15. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

The Suncoast in Franklin TN's Gallerria is prolly staying open also hehe. Course i mainly go to the Gallerria for HotTopic, gotta LOVE that store, cute black headed chicks and nice anime stuff.

16. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I'm happy.

17. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Fye and suncoast are owned by different groups.

18. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

ahhhh Fuckkkkkkkkkkk....

Now where will i find all the cool bags and action figures that Media play used to sell..

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, the Sam Goody in Reston Town Center (a yuppie node of stupidity in Northern Virginia) closed. I don't care; it was too expensive anyway.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

We never had a Media Play, Sam Goody or Suncoast here. Just FYE, that used to be Camelot.