Sun Harvester

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iwasherenotyou, Aug 25, 2009.

1. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Why did the primes make it if they knew there was life on earth? Did i miss something? Just a quick question

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It could have been the Fallen's pet project. Or they just didn't know the planet had life until a ways into the harvester's construction.

3. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    I haven't seen the movie in a couple months, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on it. I figured that perhaps the harvester doubled as a ship and that all of the Primes, including the Fallen, arrived on Earth in it.

4. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Welp, I've only seen the movie once, but it is stated in the film that life on earth was not known about until after the harvester was built. That's how Jetfire explained it to Sam, Bee and Co.

5. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    That's a good Q. I like to think that the Primes visited Earth initially to check out whether it sustained any life. Upon finding early man, 6 of the Primes decided that our Sun was out of bounds for harvesting. But of course the Fallen went ahead and had his workers build a Sun Harvester on Earth for his own use. Later, the other Primes were onto the Fallen's plans and so a battle broke out.

6. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Funny that out of 9 planets they chose Earth...They could have put the Sun Harvester in any of them--- maaybe they couldnt survive in the other planets? Hmm....the Decepticons were on Mars in the first movie without the slightest problem.

Maybe they thought Earth was the prettiest one xD--- Anyway...putting it in other planet would have meant Earth's demise as well.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Michael Bay and his team of writers don't care about plot holes. I think you'll find that covers any questions you may have.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all movies to happen there has to be a coincidence, in this case the one was that they chose Earth to build the Harvester.

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    This

10. Mowry

Mowry Member

This will be somewhat hinted at in the upcoming "Tales of The Fallen" Jetfire and The Fallen stories. Issues #3 and #4, I believe.

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Asside the truth in which Sledge pointed out, consider it this way, they were probably trying to build closest to the sun. Mercury...well is probably too hot of a planet for them to build on by chance. Venus, I am pretty sure is too much of a gas planet to safely do anything on. Earth being the closest planet that would be able to sustain an enviroment to build it on.

12. M3GATRON

M3GATRON Well-Known Member

Because micheal bay sucks at writing movies that make sense.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    That's true! No wonder that he isn't the writer then!

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    HAI GUYZ, let's build a machine that destroys all life on that lush looking planet. Don't mind the little animals walking around, that's not life!

Seriously though, the only thing that would make sense is if The Fallen built this and his brothers only found out later, but that doesn't make sense since you can clearly see other Primes in the background during the intro..it's not like they only arrived once they caught wind of his evil plan.

So I guess this means they are all a bunch of idiots, just started building a machine on a planet that clearly had life, even if it was plants and animals, and they didn't find humans until later, and they should do their research better. There is a big chance that they might have already destroyed a multitude of civilizations because they thought there was no life! :lol 

15. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Owned.

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

It's just such a shame that Michael Bay (of the Michael Bay film "Revenge of the Fallen," directed by Michael Bay, executive producer Michael Bay) would have no way of influencing the script.

17. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I never really question that. The part that got me was why the Primes took the sun harvester key (the matrix) from him on cybertron (im assuming) and then proceeded to 'hide' it from him in a tomb made of their own bodies only a matter of miles from where the sun harvester itself is located. It just doesnt make that much sense.

18. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I thought it was on Earth that the Primes took the Matrix from the Fallen? Maybe they didn't have much energy left to teleport very far after fighting with The Fallen?

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2005 and it's team of nit pickers don't care about suspension of belief. I think you'll find that covers any questions you may have.

20. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Oh I'm sure he did influence there and there (twins, final scene happening in egypt, brooklynfury wheelie etc...), just didn't write 100% of it all by himself like many on this forums seem to think, Orci and Kurtzman did it, with help from... whoevers the third writer that they brough to their orgy, not to mention having to write it not just for Bay but also demanding to say-sos from other parties such as the military, Hasbro, Paramount and Viacom and others.

Some members put the matter in such a way that it looks like BAY made the movie all by himself! He acted, he designed, he did the effects, they even yell DAMN YOU BAY when another line gets cancelled.