Summer of Sequels' Disappointing Box Office

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, May 28, 2007.

1. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    This thread is useless without numbers.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Warning: Anecdotal 'evidence', read at your own risk

When I went to see Spidey 3, on opening night, the general feel of the crowd seemed to be dissappointment. There was booing, sighing, a few 'wtf's etc. And not just from one person, there was a few points during the film were a collective 'ahhhh' rang out in disbelief at how bad some things turned out to be. And during some of the more...overdrawn...moments of the film, my friends even coaxed some laughs from the crowd by cracking jokes MST3K style (it helped seeing as we were all in the front row). It is certainly not a film I would ever pay to see again, nor recommend anyone to go and see on their own. unless I didn't like said person anyway.

PoTC:AWE on the otherhand was MORE then worth staying up till 3am with work the next day to see. Though it did have it's own let downs to me, overall the movie delivered on anything it attempted to deliver on. It was funny, awe inspirering, action packed and engaging. It was certainly a great ending to a great movie triology. And unlike Spidey 3, this movie ended on a round of applause from the audience, as opposed to the 'popcorn chucking' I saw leaving Spidey 3.

Having said that, Transformers can easily hold it's own in this movie season, but whether it'll be tops or not is up for debate. Though just being up there should be reward enough imo as there is a LOT of stiff competition this summer.