summer job searches?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CdnShockwave, Dec 12, 2006.

1. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

This is kind of Canadian specific, but, it's about that time of year where I start looking to set up a summer job so I can make back some of the money I spend on toys. Does anyone know of any internet job searches that could help me out? Looking specifically in Calgary. I'd appriciate any links. Thanks!

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Oh I hope I didn't misinterpret this Cdn, do you mean like links to job sites and stuff?

If so

Link #1
    Link #2
    Link #3
    Link #4

Those are the ones I use. And look into Employment agencies too they can be an untapped resource. Actually being a Calgarian, you shouldn't any trouble as over here I hear constantly how easy it is to find work in Calgary

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey dude, I can't remember - are you in college right now? If so, it's really worth your while to hit up the career center and talk with their advisors. They sometimes offer job resources you wouldn't have thought of without their help. Hell, I got my current job with an awful lot of help from the career office at my school!

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah dude... I don't think you have much to worry about in Calgary. Basically apply and whammo instajob.

However, who knows what the market will be like in the summer. If you had the motivation, you could just put together your resume and cover letter and send it directly to the businesses you are interested in. Sure the bulk of these lead to no where, but sometimes you get a bite from it.

Either way, I would not worry about finding something for the summer. Those sites Shaun listed are pretty good, but I don't know if they advertise the temporary work you are interested in.

5. CdnShockwave

You'd be surprised how hard it can be to find a summer job, even in Calgary. All I could find last summer was my crappy paying job at M&M's. Mumps had the same problem, if I remember correctly. *sigh* I knew I should have become a plumber instead of going to university...

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Then you could either be stomping on turtles or banging hot housewives, depending on which videogames or "movies" you wanna believe. Sounds win-win to me.

7. CdnShockwave

:cry 

8. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Best of luck with your search...