Suikoden V?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rodimus Prime, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone else been playing it? I must say, it's wonderful to have the series back on track, as far as what makes Suikoden well.. Suikoden. I just got my castle and so far, so good. My only real complaint is having to confirm using an item and saying "befriended" instead of "recruited." Those are nothing compared to IV, however.

2. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

IV was the first one I'd ever played in the Suikoden series. I like it, but I've seen that alot of people who'd played the others really didn't like it much. So V would be worth getting then? I've been up in the air about it and was just going to wait for a greatest hits version or a used copy.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Waiting might not be a good idea. Suikoden games tend to have short print runs in the US at least. They never make it to Greatest Hits status and often end up going for obscene amounts of money later. Suikoden 1 & 2 have commanded over $100 each for used copies (to say nothing of sealed ones). V appears to be a return to form for the series after a couple of lackluster games.

Now if we could just get the PSP compilation of 1 & 2 out in the US...

4. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

dude that would make the psp Spinozistic in the handheld market.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Yeah, V is realy so much better then IV. Hell, V is easily one of the best in the series. I'm a little ways past where you get the castle, and it's been a great game so far.

And damn, I hear you about that I and II on the PSP. Aren't UMDs region free? Wonder if they have english text options...

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

plan on getting this and IV to complete the series (love the first and the second was great but i got stuck at one point - the three teams against that one dude)

as for I and II on PSP......NNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooo

7. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

I'll have to look into getting it then. There's a need for more RPGs on the PSP. I say bring 'em, especially if they do it right.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:

With the three teams, you only need to win with the final team (the one with your main guy in). Make sure his party is well balanced, and have the other two nicely loaded out too. There's not much else other than preparing loads and thinking about which unite attacks you can make use of, and which runes are most effective.

In other words, experiment and see what works. It's a dead hard battle, second or third hardest in the whole game, but with some practise and patience it can be done.

Now, onto V, got my copy Monday, I'm about an hour in and I love it. I like the setup, there's enough drama and tension (and Georg Prime) to make things interesting even at this stage. I'm going to enjoy this. Just wish I had a bit more free time to play it!