Suikoden coming to PSN

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by KidDynamite, May 8, 2008.

1. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

This might be a little niche, I don't know. But apparently the classic PS1 RPG Suikoden is coming to PSN...it's been rated by the ESRB for PS3 and PSP, which is consistent with other PS Classic releases.

http://kotaku.com/388752/suikoden-coming-to-playstation-store

I am SUPER excited about this. Suikoden was one of my three favorite games from that period, and my first PS1 got to a point where it wouldn't play any discs other than Suikoden. Weird, I know, but it happened. It just refused to play other discs and wouldn't boot them up. Given the after market prices on the hard copy, getting a digital copy for $5 or $10 sounds like a dream.

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I haven't bought anything on the PSN store, and wasn't planning on ever doing so, but this totally changes that. Insta-bought, this could be even better than getting the PSP re-release over here (if they release Suikoden 2 also, which I really hope they do).

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ... and if I didn't still have my PS1 copy, I'd actually care...

A lot of you guys sold all your PS1 games when you bought PS2s, didn't you?

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I've still got my copy of Suikoden 1. Suikoden 2 would be great, since it's so incredibly rare.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I don't know about everyone else, but I sold mine when my third PS1 died and I got pissed at Sony's QC and swore not to buy another one. No sense keeping games if I had nothing to play them on anymore. At the time the PS2 was not out yet and so backwards compatibility never entered my mind.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, glad to hear other people are finally going to get to play this great game. Now they also need to release Suikoden II and then have some way to transfer your end game save data from I to II on this. I have no idea if you can do that or not.

As it is, I'll just be comfortable with my copies of Suikoden I-V with all the guides that were released.

7. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I don't have a PS3 but with news like this and the upcoming Metal Gear Soild 4 I might just have to see about geting one.

Now that would be awesome, a cheep readly availible versoin of Suikoden II!

Nope, I still have all of my PS1 games (and all my Dreamcast ones too)!:D 

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bringer of great news. I lost my copy years ago, and it will be AWESOME to play this game again, not to mention take it around with me on my PSP!

9. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Who you tellin? I still have TWO Dreamcasts!

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I sadly only rented the original (I wasn't even old enough to be in high school when it came out, let alone buying games) but reading the manual for it while waiting at a restaurant and being so excited to go home and play it is still one of my most prominent memories.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

love this game....but since i already got the original, i dont see myself picking this up....but now that this was brought up, i think i'm go play some tonight.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Awesome news! I've got the whole series already, but for anyone who has never sampled this series, give it a try! It is an incredible title with a lot to do to recruit all the characters. My only gripe is there is no detective in the game to dig into the secret pasts of some of the less-central Stars. But that's because I was spoiled by Suikoden II!

Really hope that Suikoden II gets a PSN release as well and the save transfer is left in - and how awesome would it be if Konami completes the saga and does Swordsman of Harmonia / Duel at Crystal Valley in English too someday?