Suggestions to transform MP Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Napjr, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got it today, havent opened it yet, but after reading several of the problems with the figure, i was wondering what everyone suggests to prevent damage to the figure, like stress lines and such :duel 

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pull out the middle top panel BEFORE you start tugging on the wings (the part with the air brake on it). Extending the legs beforehand will help.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better suggestion. Start by transforming the front intakes, then fold up the ailerons (wing flaps). With those two steps done, push up gently at the backs of the wings to release the centre of the fuselage. Then, pull up the air break and use that to pull up the rest of the back panel (I find that back panel a pain in the butt to bring up any other way). Then unclip the wings from the arms, and then you can fold them up.

Then unpeg the tailfin sections from the legs, and tip them back slightly, to release the arms.

At this point, everything crucial has been unpegged/released, so further transformation should be fairly smooth.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Napjr any broken pieces on yours before you took it out of the tray?

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Suggestions?

Keep him MISB! :D 

6. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

As MMM said, the most important thing is to lift the middle piece up and out before moving the wings at all. Easiest way is to extend the legs first.

The best way to pop it out is pressing from underneath it. Extend the legs first, then rotate the forearms up and out. Now you have access to the underside of the middle panel. Press up on the underside and pop it up and out.

Then the dreaded wing joint. Support the joint with your finger and thumb and slowly and carefully bend the wing joint. If your wing joints are really stiff, you can remove a little material to loosen them with no adverse effects and prevent it from cracking.

Check out the MP-03 owners survey thread for more info on loosening the wing joint.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Be extra careful with the little flaps that fold under the wings, they'll stressmark.

Or get someone else to transform it so you can kick their ass if they break it . :lol 
    So you wont feel bad if you accidentally broke it.

He's actuallly pretty easy after the first time transforming. Just go very slow the first time, since there's lots of small flaps that can be missed and you'll remember it all pretty easily.
    You'll feel all nostalgic inside everytime you fold his cockpit through his chest G1 style.

8. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! that helped, no stress marks at all for now... although i broke the little yellow thingie inside the nosecone... oh well, only needs a little superglue :) 

Nop, everything┬┤s good

Seems my figure came in perfect condition, no broken pieces and the paint┬┤s fine!

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I was to say, stay away from drugs, alcohol and steroids and follow the instructions in the booklet. :) 

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've actually found alcohol helps when transforming MP03. It loosens you up so you aren't so freakin' stressed about breaking something and you end up making smoother motions and putting less effort into moving transformation joints.

Hmm. Maybe I should try a little ganja next time.

11. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Problem is, from what i read on different threads, following the instructions results in damage to the toy :(