Suggestions for a 2yr old girl's birthday present

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenny278, May 11, 2008.

1. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Hi Guys n gals

Its my daughters birthday next month - she'll be two and I'm looking for suggestions on a great present for her..

Its not a great situation that we have just now - her Mum and I do not speak - so much so that she won't tell me anything (she wanted baby but not me, has tried everything to keep me out the little ones life and failed each time kinda thing.. I won't elaborate)

I see my daughter for only short time once a week just now but hopefully very soon will see a increase on that.. I don't get a lot of time to learn what she likes and dislikes and get told nothing..

What I want to do is get her a great and unique birthday present, i was thinking a wee bike kinda thing but I think she's still a bit young and probably would be "beaten to the punch" in getting her one anyway.

The trouble is when I do see her - I bring her toys with me and I buy her new things all the time - she and I normally play with duplo and "little people" but she gets something new most week - I don't like it but thats what I've been told to do ... feel its like I'm trying to win her over kinda thing..

I know she likes FiFi and the flowertots.. she loves the duplo and the little people toys epecially the animals and she's really smart and loves the puzzles I bring etc - her mum won't tell me anything - and when I ask her anything she thinks its a good chance to have a go for whatever she can shout at me for (last time I had her dad take a picture of me and my daughter - and I got screamed at for AGREEING with her that it wasn't to go near the internet even to email to my family)

So not knowing to much about what she likes and dislikes.... I need ideas for something really special for her .. hopefully something her mum won't put on ebay or return or worse put in the bin....also something reasonably unusual so there is not a high risk of her having it already..

Hope you guys can help (and no I don't think she'll like transformers, though she's got a slumblebee already here for her when I'm allowed to take her lol)

I'm in the UK but I have time to get something imported over if needs be..

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Transformers. Get them started young.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Depends - are you looking for a fun present, or an educational present? I guess at that age you can get plenty things that fall into both categories - lego, bikes, that kind of thing.

I think the bike idea is a good one. How much are you looking to spend?

4. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

erm probably spend about £100 or so ... cost doesn't really matter to be honest.. well within reason, is mostly just from me - my family want to get her things but they never get to see her so are waiting until I get to have her here.. so she has lots of new things here for her too..

I was thinking something both fun and educational - i might get her a trike as part of the present.. and if she's got one already can take it home with me so she has it to play with when she's with me..

I wish - but her mother would probably have it brought up in court that I buy her inappropriate toys - SERIOUSLY!!

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    What about a plush Transformer?

Or perhaps even just a really nice plush toy.

6. Erector

News Credits:
    Trike is a good idea. What kind of place do you live, a house or a flat - would getting a few garden toys work? like a swing or something?

If she were a couple years older I'd suggest a DS, my boss' 4 year old has one and loves it.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only have boys and this could be because they weren't the brightest 2 years olds, but when they were 2, they didn't quite understand what a birthday was :lol  Trike would be nice, and for that age I think there's a small one with no pedals (because they don't really use pedals anyway at that age).

Whatever you get for the present, if you could, take a small cake with the fanciest candles you can find, sing Happy Birthday and let her blow the candles out. Kids really dig blowing candles out :D  I hope you'll get to have fun time with your daughter.

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    At that age, my nieces and nephews were almost always more impressed with the cardboard boxes their presents came in than the gifts themselves. At that age it's difficult to say what they'll enjoy. I can only suggest getting something that you can play with them with, like Duplos as you say. Either that or, as some suggested, but something she can "grow into" a bit, like a tricycle.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

To name off a few

Sit n spin - You can get the old school ones (the best ones) at used baby stores like Once upon a child etc for around 6$

Tricycle with the handle on the back so you can push them around, they always love that. She's probably too young to pedal so it'll make her feel cool when she tries to and starts moving. Like pushing a lawnmower

Lion King dvd

Microphone with built in music, alot of 2 yr olds love to sing

Lite Brite, but with parental supervision so she wont stick those pegs up her nose.

Keyboard

Ladies purse filled with play makeup. The all plastic kind just for pretend.
    With some fake keys for the jingles, and fake cell phone for her important buisness calls, grown up sunglasses and shoes.

water gun, hehe

Gloves, bucket, shovel and some sunflower seeds

Animal set, those small ones in the scale of those green army men,
    and a barn or something for her to put them in.
    Can get a big set at TRU for 10$ and it's a good way to get them familiar with animals before taking them to the zoos

Teepee. Target has one for about $20, stands about 5ft tall

plain old cardboard box, it goes along way with a 2yr old :lol 
    Loop a belt too one end for a handle to make a ghetto wagon
    Would say a radio flyer wagon, but those handles.....

Mega Bloks, the giant sized ones, or a few bags of those balls :lol 
    Seriously, those ones with like 100 balls in them. 3 bags will make her crib a party

NES. Super Mario still has it. Duck Hunt's also a good one

Treasure chest. You cna find them in rtandom places, some made to be treasure toy chests.

Phonics alphabet phone, for learning those letters

Wildife treasury. You cna probably ebay a set for cheap, the cool animal cards with the description on the back. Good learning

Encyclopedia set. It's one of the coolest things you can get for a person. Never loses it's use.

Deck of cards, but with fun pictures

Sweet pickles bus , so when she's 16 and makes fun of your old ass you can make fun of her sweet pickles bus

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh it is your kid. If it was someone else's kid I'd suggest a big bag of sugar. That way you make the kid happy and never get asked to buy the kid anything ever again...

11. Erector

News Credits:
    This is the worst named childrens toy EVER :lol 

12. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

My friend got her daughter a barbie powerwheels jeep, She said her daughter totally loved it.

13. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Airsoft rifle?

I kid! I kid!

14. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

I'm diggin' on the tricycle idea, or maybe even a pair of those little-kid safety roller skates. (The trike sounds like a safer idea, if mom is the way you say she is.)

And throw in a big, brightly colored, soft and squishy plush animal of some kind - those were my FAVORITE thing when I was a wee one. Something cute; a cat, a baby seal, a puppy, whatever makes people go "Aww". Try to make sure it's got stitched or cloth eyes and nose rather than plastic ones... that way she can sleep with it/on it and not be uncomfortable. ALWAYS hard to pull a little girl away from her stuffed animals, so chances are Mom won't be able to take it away from her.

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
  16. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

Radioactive waste... just kidding.

get her an old G1 Jetfire. she'll either love it or eat it.

17. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends are a pretty bad idea for a two year old.

Trike is a good idea, or a little clubhouse/ swingset outdoor play-thing.

-Tony!

18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

GIANTmicrobes

Stuffed animals that look like germs!

Also, the teepee isn't a good idea. She needs a set of cardboard boxes taped together to resemble a ship. Then you can indoctrinate her to the wonders of the Royal Navy.

19. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Consider a plushy feeling baby doll. Works every time. My little sister had gotten one of those around that age and didn't let go of it until she was about 5 or so.

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A donation to a college fund. I think there's a good argument for that being the best gift you can give a two year old.