Customs: Suggest a candidate for a pre-beast Terrorsaur head to me.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nefud, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Hi there. I'd like to start on a custom "days of future's past" (pre-beast) Terrorsaur, but I can't decide on a good head. If I can't think of something better, I'll probably use G2 Hooligan and customize him out of a Cyberjet, or settle for a Machine Wars jet head on Energon Windrazor's body. Anyone have any good suggestions for this?

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    what scale are you making him in? scout, deluxe?

3. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    For some reason, Energon Slugslinger immediately popped into my head when I thought of this.

I know it was used for a collector's club exclusive Airrazor, but I feel it could work just as well, if not better, for Terrorsaur.

4. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Well, I'd like it to not look ridiculous next to the other botcon 2006 exclusives, so deluxe or scout would probably be fine. I'm still kind of leaning toward one of the cyberjets with Hooligan's head, but it just doesn't have much in the way of personality...

Slugslinger was certainly interesting, but a little too crazy-looking in the face for me.

5. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    For my DoFP Terrorsaur, I used a BW2 Dirge's head.

Check the attached pics.

This was... like... my first custom. Ever. LOL

Hope this helps ya.

- Alty

Attached Files:

6. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I really like that custom, and I especially like the unconvential non-plane vehicle mode (that still flies). And that head is so close-- the face is perfect. But the helmet is just a little too "megatron." I'm hoping to find one that still has the "mohawk" and is hopefully a little rounder.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Wasn't the Energon Skyblast mold already re-purposed as pre-BW Terrorsaur? I've never actually seen "Theft of the Golden Disk," but according to the TFWiki this is the case:

"Terrorsaur's CGI model in "Theft of the Golden Disk" is based on Movie Skyblast with a new head design. However, his CGI model is slightly different from his appearance in 'Dawn of Future's Past'."

Here is that link... just scroll to the bottom of the page.

The head already look pretty close, too... the young-looking human-like face with the helmet wrapping around the edges.

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Thanks! And yes, WM, I realize that Skyblast was used as the mold for Terrorsaur. I made my custom before TotGD was ever relased. And I never liked the idea of Terry as a plane, anyway. In the thread I created in the Customs forum for him, I explain at length my reasoning. If you're bored, you could give it a read.

The custom I made was only ever meant to be a simple repaint with minor modifications. Whil I was new to kitbashing at the time, I had always planned to revisit Terry once my skills had improved. I do plan to eventually create a polygonal head crest for the figure.

But anyway, this thread isn't about my custom. It's about providing Nefud with some ideas of his own. Which I did. Let's carry on. :) 

- Alty

9. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I think Skyblast will prk pretty well, once I cut off his "ears" and smooth out the head a little. As long as I've got you guys here, has anyone had any luck dying a transformer? I've read the how-tos on the forum, but no one ever posts a great custom and says "this was done with dye." Skyblast seems like a perfect candidate-- all I have to do is dunk him in red dye, and half the work is done...