Sudden pains from Ghost of Transformers Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Dec 1, 2011.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    So I just got done reading Spotlight Prime and finishing off IDW Collection Vol. 2 and was really impressed by Monstructor. So I go and look to see if there were ever any figures of this guy made, and low and behold, he's an original G1 combiner. Behold yet more (and this hurts by the way)...I ACTUALLY OWNED SOME OF THESE FIGURES WHEN I WAS YOUNG!!!! I know for a fact that I owned Wildfly, pretty sure I owned Scowl, and I think I owned Icepick....this really stings at me. If I only had all those toys from my younger days....I have much pain inside. :banghead: ....:cry 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I still have all my Pretender Monsters - they remain in great condition, although I'm quite hesitant about transforming Bristleback and Slog, what with their gold plastic. I wish Hasbro would either reissue these awesome little guys (minus the fragile gold plastic, of course), or give them Classics-style upgrades.

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Overlord, Doubledealer and Skorponok. Reissue these, please, Hasbro. I now appreciate their worth and promise to not mistreat, destroy or abandon my toys again. Even the orange clip on bits.

And there was never a toy of Scrounge. That disappoints me.

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would love a complete redo, including pretender shells, of this guy.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    All I can say...is...I hurt...:cry 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is mine (completed it for less than $100 :) ):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  7. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    : jelly :

8. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Owwwwwwwwwwww..............

9. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I had 2-3 of them as a kid, but the monster shells made them easily confused with generic/other figures. I didn't realize untill years later what I had thrown out. That goes for my entire Pretender/Action Master toys in general.

10. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I remember owning Ultra Magnus and losing him. Owning Doubledealer and losing him. And owning one of the Aerialbots and, guess what, losing him.

I felt the pain when I watched the cartoon and saw them in it and remembered that I had them, And LOST them.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like a really fun toy. Now I want one!

I didn't have any TFs when I was small, but I do wonder what happened to the chogokin figures my brother and I had. I can't really afford to buy vintage ones on the market....

12. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While looking through my collection when I got back into the hobby, I saw that I still own Armada Hot Shot, Energon Megatron, and some Transformer from 2000 that has no head, arms, or articulation (I could've sworn it had all of that, I think I anhilated it when I was small) It was probably a Universe 1.0 TF.

13. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Of all the Transformers I've had, (and since 1984 it's been a lot!) the one I miss most is my Computron. Not even sure why, but I know if I had an opportunity to get another one complete, and actually had the $$, I would do it in a nanoclik....

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Outside of parts that've gone missing, I actually have almost all of my TFs from when I was a kid, and most of them are displayed in my cabinet.

The only ones who've taken separate paths are Kup's Targetmaster Recoil who currently belongs to a board member, and G2 Jazz who ended up staying with these other kids who basically ran off with it & some other stuff after we were supposed to trade for a weekend. As a result, I came out keeping their Combat Hero Megatron & G1 Rodimus, so it's all good.

Also, both of them REALLY liked that Jazz figure & hated the ones they let me borrow, so I think it turned out well in the end. I don't remember what else they ran off with, but it was like these 2 random dollar store TFs & some parts for other figures. I actually think part of the reason they ditched me was because they broke Jazz & lost the other stuff, but who knows haha.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darkwing and dreadwind we two of my favorites as a kid that i don't have decent replacements for, also shockwave, but he's getting replaced this month, scorp is a big one

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man I miss my Monstructor from when I was a kid.

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Snapdragon, Scourge, Metroplex, Sideswipe and the Battle Chargers were all casualties of overplaying but have all been replaced. Considering Scourge, Snapdragon and Metroplex haven't been reissued, the previous owners of my 'new' ones kept them remarkably well.

Got them reasonably cheap because I had kept my old accessories so just needed the bare bots. That said, Krunk's leg broke recently so if I can't glue him satisfactorily, I'll have to buy a new one. Probably costs more than Snapdragon.

I have oversized KO Pretender Monsters that a friend of mine is repainting for me. Each bot is about Scout size. No shells though.