2D Artwork: Sudden inspiration

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Infosaur, May 28, 2008.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I don't pick up a pencil for almost a year, then suddenly *BLAM* I just HAVE to draw Skyblast.

[​IMG]

I think that maybe one of the best hands I ever did, but I almost tossed the whole thing when I realized his head was TOTALLY out of proportion. So I erased his head and redid it.

The other thig that pissed me off is the wing on his arm lines up exactly where the shaft of the staff should go. So there's no sense that he's holding the staff behind him. Grumble grumble.

Legs are too small and the shoulder pods are a liiiitle big. Still I feel confident I've developed my own signature style.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Nicely done. You're right, that's a fine hand you've drawn there, and in a pretty difficult position to capture, I'd say. Also kudos for having the courage to rub out the head and start again. That's something that's actually very hard to do, which is why I try to leave the head at least till I know I've got the position right.
    An idea for the spear: you say you're slightly bugged because the position of the spear means the handle's hidden behind him. How about playing with the proportions a smidge (artistic licence) and extend it so the tail end protrudes past his left wing?

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that is fantastic

4. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Not bad!