Such Heroic Nonsense's Arbitrary Swansong Awards!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Such Heroic Nonsense, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Okay, I'd just like to say a quick few things to you guys. Firtsly, I've been off work none too well the past few months and the occasional visit to these boards has made me smile time and time again. I'd like to thank you guys for that now my posting time is at an end, and for just being the most warm and talented and downright friendly slice of fandom I have encountered.

Transformers was a huge part of my life as a child of the eighties and as I creak slowly this year towards thirty (I'm still holdin' on to 29, God damn it!) this site has made me realise, well, that it still is. And without meaning to sound sappy, I've also realised that's it's in my heart forever.

I hope I'm not being presumptious when I say that this year is a pivotal one for us all. Without meaning to be negative and despite the decent trailer (Pearl Harbor's trailer was one of the best I've ever seen, I hate to be the one to tell ya ...) I sadly still have minimal expectations for the movie. The optimist in me hopes and prays it's something special, but well, I guess time alone will tell.

In some ways, we'll win even if it's a failure. The reaction if we roar will tell the studios and the money men there's still a massive market out there for TF, old and new, and a better retelling of this wonderfully rich and complex franchise will hopefully attract a more diligent, Nolan-esque director well versed in its lore, characterisation and mythos to give us the film we all deserve and have been waiting for so long.

But listen, thankyou. I've enjoyed so much the brief time that I've been on here since November and in that time (can't speak for the rest of it) this is my (rather limited and daft, I hasten to admit) way of giving you guys something back.

So without further adue, ahem, the awards ....

BEST REPAINT:

[​IMG]

MP Starscream, by Agesthreeand up.

Ahhhhh, if only ...

BEST KITBASH:

[​IMG]

Snarl by Sculp-Bot.

I mean look at it! A work of art indeed, sir - bloody awesome in fact. Can't wait to see the other Dinobots. Is it Grimlock next? Hope I'm still around to see it.

BEST FAN ART:

[​IMG]

Ironhide's Noggin By: TIMSHINN73

Now, not that I'm biased towards ol' Ironhide or nothin' but leakin' lubricant! If only Bay's designs had merged realism with accuracy like this isntead of opting for the predictable insectoid alien trash that ILM churn out these days like a computer generated smell. If only, eh Tim? Nice work, mate. :)  Nice work.

BEST COLLECTION SHOWCASE:

[​IMG]

Sami WCP's Cabinet Choc Full of Oppies.

Not only a pretty face, but holy shit - take a look at this! The woman is a bona fide collecto-maniac and will one day, if she hasn't done so already, make a geek husband the ideal geek wife in holy Geekimony, no question. And if he's missing a Prime? Well, no more pal! She's got a cabinet choc full of Oppies. (*p.s: Sorry for that pm.*)

And last but not least ...

BEST HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP, I HAVE TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE!:

[​IMG]

Suddenly the chicken legs look cooler than a Rhode island rooster. Suddenly the fusion canon looks the right length for what old Megs was obviously compensating for all those years. Suddenly I'm pissing my pants, urging March 27th forward, longing for those colour pics of the done deal, and the greatest toy ever to befall the adult Transformers collector with the exception of its nemesis, is upon us. Suddenly it's MP:05 time.

And I would add more, but I'm out of time, damn it.

This has been Such Heroic Nonsense.

Thanks for the memories.

2. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Oh, and also to the guy who said "Zeek of Krem, dude!" when Kremzeek showed up in the accessories list.

Can't remember name, soz.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ...Yes.

4. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

eh?

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    why won't you be around anymore, if you don't mind sharing?

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

^^ was curious about the same thing...wondering if its something terminal, given the "swansong" reference. Hopefully that's not the case.