Subscription service

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Insane Galvatron, May 11, 2012.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    As much as I want to support my local comic shop, I've never had any luck with TF comics there. They put a series on my list to put in my box, but it never works out. I tried the movie prequel series, and the -ation series by IDW. They never got in issue three of the movie comic, and issue 4 of Infiltration. I didn't bother continuing the series since I was missing books. Literally, holes in the story. I'm looking forward to Regeneration so much, I don't want to repeat this problem. I don't want to miss an issue. Can anyone recommend a site that does subscriptions? So I can just sign up, pick the comics I want to subscribe to, and just wait for them to hit my mailbox each month? Google turned up a bunch, but I have no idea which one's are reputable. I'm basically looking for the BBTS of comic stores.

2. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I was going to buy the comic "Revival #1", but they wanted $8 for shipping. Madness. I'll try the other site linked above. No way it costs more than a couple of bucks to mail a comic in a large envelope ( like Fun Pub does it ).

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Well, their price per comic is higher than even the local shop price. Factor in shipping, it gets even crazier.

It'd be different if I was getting like 10+ comics per week. But since I'm only planning 2 as of right now, those shipping rates just make it too much.

I guess I'll be trying my luck with the local shop.

6. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I know how you feel. I haven't bought comics on a weekly/monthly basis in about 20 years. The only series I collect is the IDW TF books and I wait till IDW puts it out in the collection hardcovers instead of buying individual issues.

I guess the only reason I want to get the Re-Generation One floppies is because I still have the original Marvel run.

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I've been doing digital on comixology on my tablet. Like you, I only want Regeneration in individual paper copies because Transformers G1 comics hold a special place in my heart.

8. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I think scifigenre.com offers the service.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, yeah, DCBS has flat-rate shipping, so it costs the same whether you order one comic or 1,000. I don't even know if they mail comics in envelopes, as I've always ordered at least twenty issues a month. They come in a nice sturdy cardboard box with either packing peanuts or those shaped styrofoam inserts.