Submit your questions here for the Andy Schmidt IDW Publishing Transformers Comic Q&A

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Please use this thread to submit questions for a Questions and Answers session with IDW Publishing's senior editor Andy Schmidt. Andy is the writer of Transformers Continuum, and is the editor for the Transformers Ongoing series (issue #1 on sale now).

This thread will be open until next Friday at which time we will close the thread and pick out the best questions to forward to Andy for answering.

Please remember as always to be civil and follow the general rules of the board. But have fun! Remember, this is a great chance - usually only available at conventions - to put your questions regarding the Transformers comic books direct to the people who make it happen.

Once again on behalf of the staff of the 2005 Boards I would like to thank Andy for reaching out to us, the fandom, and giving us this rare opportunity to address questions concerning the Transformers comic book series directly to the people who make it happen.

2. Laserbot

Laserbot Rachel Cook

News Credits:
    hurm okies this goes to any of you willing to answer this. i guess only one thing i was wondering... for the coveres of the next #2 issue i see Prowl, Redalert, Hotrod, & Mirage considered for the next leader... but why is Jazz not considered... the only reason i ask is because wasnt he in charge back on Cybertron with Ironhide? Prowl seemed to be under his comand sorry if im reading that wrong i realy am curious whats happened to him! :) 

3. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

will we see bumblebee or goldbug as the vw beatle?

4. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Beast Wars, Beast Machines, TransTech, Animated comics? Any plans?

5. Bumblebot

Bumblebot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Megatron going to return and will Optimus eventually be leader again.
    BTW First issue was great

6. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    Is there any plans to bring back any characters thast have and will be killed off?

This comic appears to include Megatron, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Does this have any affect on if Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scrouge will appear in this comic at one point?

Will the humans be the main threat, or will there be other threats that play a big part?

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Will we see more original IDW characters being introduced? Will we see characters from other transformers continuities being introduced into this one?

8. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Any plans to tell more Pre-Earth/Cybertron stories, like the origin of Optimus Prime and the Great War?

Oh and bring back Minerva!

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Why? Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge already exist in the IDW universe as different characters...

10. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

Since you have republished Dreamwave's Armada/Energon series, will you be letting Furman finish what he started with Energon and move into Cybertron?

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dear Andy,
    I'm sure you have been asked this many times in person(although in much harsher words than what I will use) but could you please explain why there are so many blatant errors in "The Transformers Continuum: The Definitive Chronology"? Also, Thank you for giving up your time to answer these questions posed to you by the fans, as it is appreciated greatly.

12. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Andy,

First, thank you for taking the time to interact and respond to the fans...

Why did you change everyones faces to look more like the movie verse? Part of enjoying the G1-Verse is relating to those characters. People enjoy the movie-verse because it is new and different. Once you start to meld the two together you loose part of the fan base (my opinion). I do not mind the vehicle upgrades but I honestly cannot stand the new faces. Will you pleace change them back to those they we know and hold dear?

Thanks

13. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    Can we expect to see Nightbeat's story continue in this series? His death was very out-of-the-blue and awkward, and Simon Furman had said on his blog last year that that part of the story had had to be shortened and that more on it would be forthcoming.

14. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Second.

15. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Questions:
    1) Skeleton Warriors Faces - Design choice? Whim? Explain?

2) Continuity - What happened?

3) Spotlights - More of them? Please?

Thanks for the large amount of communication with "us the fans." Even when we're complaining about stuff, we're always appreciative when our personal dedication/addiction gets taken seriously. (As are most people, really.)

16. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Simple question I'm sure the answer is probably known to, but will the Movie style continue throughout the series? I really happen to like it.

And while I somewhat agree with the complaints about the faces, I just want to ask if the faces will be more defined yet still movie style in next issues? The one panel where Rodimus was all "=O!!" it took me a second look to figure out his mouth was open.

17. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) Does Hasbro uses IDW as their marketing wagon, like they did during the marvel era?

2) If they haven't, is ther any plan to make the IDW version of the characters in toy form?

18. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. ;) 

19. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seeing as we have Overlord in the new Wreckers comic, can we expect to see other Japanese-only TF (Star Saber, LeoZak etc) in future comic issues?

20. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Third.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.