Submit your Questions for the October Hasbro Q & A Session

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another one:

Concerning retailer exclusives, how is it decided which chains receive which figures? For instance, what determined that Wal-Mart got the RotF Seeker repaints (Ramjet, Skywarp) while Target got the RotF gestalt repaints (Superion, Bruticus), rather than vice versa?

2. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    1) Most recent Supreme class figures have been rather dissapointing(ROTF Devastator, Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime), while earlier Supreme figures such as Armada Unicron manage to be both enjoyable and playable. Is there any chance that we will see the return of the far better early Supreme class figures, or will Hasbro continue to simplify Supreme class figures for the younger Transformers fans ?

3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have any other homage based lines planned for future years?

Do you intend on doing things like Halloween or Christmas toys with holiday themed repaints much like what Takara's doing with the mickey toy?

4. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

This is pretty much my question, except it excludes the character stuff. So...

I love the Human Alliance subline of Revenge of The Fallen, as do many other people. Bumblebee is GREAT, Sideswipe is hit or miss with people and Skids is another great figure. With Barricade and Mudflap coming out, it seems that the response to the line has been great.

What can we expect from the line in the future? Has response been good enough to warrant more figures?

In that same train of thought, would there be a possibility of robots who didn't have as much screen time being featured?

And finally, is there any possibility of getting larger vehicles that aren't cars into Human Alliance?

Yep.

5. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Honestly... people want to know about THIS STUFF the most.

So much for MY questions.

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Was going to post these questions, but you beat me to them.

Fixed your grammar.

7. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Yes, I would like to know if they'd be willing to release more Constructicons if the line were to continue selling well, or if they even made molds in the first place.

And I do want to know SO BAD if that rumored Human Alliance Ironhide we heard about a YEAR AGO is a possibility, but unfortunately they won't let us ask that.

8. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    I got a question and it is not the best one, but a must.
    Why is so many mis transform official hasbro photo.
    You guys seems don't care if the toys look worst on the packaging.
    Are your photographer doesn't get any consult from person who knows about the toys?

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. When designing Rampage's ROTF toy, was it intended to hybridize his design with those of Scrapper and Overload - eg the yellow paint scheme and four legs - who barely appeared in the film and had no toys intended?

2. Would Hasbro consider a future toy line based around Transformers in the 19th century and early 20th century? The Seekers concept in ROTF, and comics set during World War 2, show this idea is not without precedent.

3. Does Hasbro prefer to use its own staff of designers than to use redesigns of characters in the comics for toys?

4. Would the increased worldwide popularity of GI Joe due to the film mean a crossover toy line is more likely? Similarly, would Hasbro consider making the GI Joe vehicles into Transformers characters, rather than a Hiss Tank becoming a Cobra Commander lookalike?

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Has any thought been given to giving Scrapper, Overload, and Hightower toys in the line for the third movie? Many fans prefer on-screen characters to off-screen ones.

11. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. How much longer will the Animated figures continue, and is it based on the sales of the current ones scheduled.

2. Is there a place fans can petition for a request of a certain character or series?

12. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

-Ok we all know that kids come first but has any one at hasbro decided to create a small but seperate company that caters more to fans of both transformers and gi joe. im just thinking better figure like the seekers for the classics line voyager or ultra class would make alot of us happy. Call it hasbro unlimited.

-I personally would love it if you released the names of the designers and sculptors that way as fans we can pick out our favorites.

-any chance that animated might continue in a direct to dvd movies. The series left a lot of us wanting more.

thanks for listening and can't wait to hear from you guys soon

13. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

1. Since Animated did not do well with the kids what are your plans for the next series? Hopefully something completely different?

2. When is Universe returning?

14. Keller500

Keller500 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Do you plan on making other HA figues?
    2. What are all the features leader starscream?
    3. Will there be anymore combiners? (G.1.Re-Issue of Supreme Devastator)

15. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Well-Known Member

Hey Guys!

1. What was your inspiration for Chromia and Arcee?

2. Soundwave was shorter then most figures, was this bucause he was a preview figure?

16. HybridMaximus

HybridMaximus KABAM!

1.is animated done for good? 2.when will the other animated toys come out?and will there be an animated spittor toy? 3.and will there be a mountain dew machine toy? 4.we really loved the human alliance do you think there will be anything like that for animated.thank you.

17. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Since the universe line pcan provide you with the abiltiy to do figures from any transfermers era....
    1. Will we see any more beast wars characters in that line?
    2. is there any possible way for you to keep the animated line going in the universe line? figures such as strika, spittor, warpath, constructicons, perceptor, etc

18. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I like this.

First of all Hasbro has to repaint figures a few times to cover the costs in creating a mold. Can you imagine how expensive it would be if every toy was an entirely new mold? Second, the seekers were Botcon exclusives not TFCON exclusives. Third, while not every collector had the opportunity to get the exclusive seekers, there is always the Henkei option. Still slightly expensive but not as much as the Games of Deception set.

FINALLY, GRAMMAR DUDE, GRAMMAR!

I believe this is a question better suited for Fun Publications, as they are the ones that actually PLANS the convention. I don't think Hasbro, themselves, have much input on where the convention is located, unless they are hosting in Providence.

So far no questions from me. There are seldom any creative questions asked, and if there are any asked, they are usually never picked. Most of the time we get "can we get character x" questions and it is very old and tiresome.

The whole Q/A process is just pointless and a big waste of time.

19. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This is what I was basically gonna ask, except mine being terribly worded.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Do you have any plans to reissue any G1 Transformers dating from 1987 and onwards (particularly the Headmasters, Targetmasters, Pretenders and Powermasters) or perhaps come up with updated versions, like you did with Universe Cyclonus? Contrary to popular opinion, these characters and their corresponding toys are far from disliked by the fandom, and many would be overjoyed to see them on shelves once more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.