Minor/Repaint: Stylized custom MP Starscream (adivce/pics on Wed.)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Oric, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    At first I was far from certain doing Masterpiece Starscream as a custom, with absolutely no experience.

So i went to the local plane model shop and the guys there were absolutely great and I got alot of good advice. I have a few more things to do on Screamer's alt mode before I modifya couple aspects of his robot mode.

It is all paint, nothing more than that, its only a repaint. But I added some blues in alot of places to bring out a much mroe rich colour scheme, I intend on a few slight alterations to the red scream, as well as those jet thruster things on his chest I intend on painting with a red/minimal orange paint (as I do not like the 'see through' effect of the relatively cheap plastic)

Of course the stripe is gone, thanks to those who suggested the rubbing alcohol it worked wonders.

THE ADVICE: I need thoguh has to do with testors paint, and this idea I have of blending white with aluminum. On a small test, it seems to work fine but my concern is the oils may 'bleed' oddly, as a perfect mix of white and aluminum may not look right. I chose aluminum over silver in the scheme becasue it looks more appropriate to a jet. I want to give the over all look that the paint has 'faded' in the leading edge of the plane and of course the nose cone (though I may strip the cone so its blue and attempt this fade wash effect right from the front.

aside from that I am pretty happy over all. To deepen each line, ive considered using a very thin razor, coat it in black paint, practically dry it off and follow each edge where there looks to be 'panelling.' Thank God for previous art classes.

If you got advice or you think these ideas may make the figure less noteworthy please let me know. Oh yeah, and does anyone have any idea where I can get a small decepticon sign to put up by the nose cone?

2. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    reformat

3. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will have to strip the blue off the two left ailerons, but otherwise its a good start. I extended the red as well.