Stupidty

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by oddobot, Jun 1, 2007.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Ok, so last weekend, I was in the receiving area at my Walmart, I was walking back to the front, and lo and behold there they were, 10 BOXES OF DELUXES!! So I helped myself and looked through them, decided to myself "well Hasbro lifted the stree date, so i'ma gonna get one!!" I decide on Bonecrusher, and make my way to a register. Rings up no problem. Well afterwards I see the store manager, tell him that they could be on the floor right now, we go back there and he says "well i'll have to call home office first" I think to myself " you f'ng idiot" and go back to electronics.

Then that following Tuesday, the overnight manager stops me and asks " did you buy one of those Transformers??" I say "yeah why" and she flies off all about "we could lose our license and get fined" and I say to that "umm no, because Hasbro lifted the street date on the deluxe assortment and they are readily available pretty much anywhere but Walmart right now", so then she apologizes and goes to talk to the store co-manager, whom is a dick among dicks at this store. Later I talk to the toy dept. manager and she says she's setting the mod Friday(today) and the stuff will all be put out at midnight. She asked the co-manager if she could put out some deluxes early and he said no, it'd be bad for buisiness(????) and she told him that this is going to be the biggest toy event behind SM3 and he still just acted like he didn't give a rats ass.

This just goes to show how lame Walmart and retail in general can be sometimes, well in my store's case, ALL the time.

Sorry just thought i'd rant a little.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Try being 14 and explaining the street date has been lifted to THREE different stores. None cared, and refused to sell me stuff until Saturday.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    HTS.com just shipped my deluxe Jazz yesterday :p 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thank god I wont be hunting till tomorrow at the earliest.

5. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I can appreciate the passion behind this thread, but still...they're just toys (*waits patiently until tomorrow*).

6. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I saw the deluxes in target, they looked like shit so I left them on the shelves.